CM Punk

ClutchedByTheCamel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for me last night's Raw shows once again that PG has nothing to do with weak shows, bad booking and writing have everything to do with it. I thought the stuff with Miz and the stuff with Punk were brilliant and when booked well Raw is top stuff, unfortunately it is not great enough of the time but that is down to how the product is presented not the PG bullshit that gets thrown about on here

I'm actually more curious about what they do with Barrett at the moment.

He will go to SD! and start Nexus Wolfpac, join forces with Kane to end Takers streak once and for all, Nexus/Wade/Kane vs Taker, the streak is over no way can the dead man beat such odds, ok Im just making shit up, but thats how WWE would hype it up, Wade on his own nobody would have a worry about the streak ending.

• Paid Members
I'm not sure what to make of it. I enjoyed the show last night, and the developments as they happened. But... It just seems like a reset of the Nexus storyline/feud with Cena, so we'll get pretty much more of the same, except with CM Punk instead of Wade Barrett.

That's a very valid concern at this point, and Punk doesn't exactly have the greatest track record for stables, but hopefully it's taking a step in the right direction. On Raw every single member got a chance to shine by hitting their finisher on Cena, which hadn't happened for quite a while (or in McGillihennig's case, I think, ever) and Punk's character motivations for doing it make sense at least. It's too early to say but as long as it means Husky Harris gets another shot then I'm all for giving it the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they'll even bring Tarver or Skip back.

That last shot was well done also but it did remind me a bit of this.

• Paid Members

I really hope they go full NWO style and start recruiting people into it. Punk, Sheamus, even lower downers like Tyson Kidd could be helped by it.

In Wade's case I imagine they'll have him fued with Undertaker, due to the whole burying him alive thing.

I just feel like I've seen enough Cena vs Nexus now. They've battered him loads of times, they've made him join them, they've had him fired from WWE. He overcame it and defeated them. That should be the end of the story because they've pretty much gone to all the extremes that they can (unless they do an explosion/crippling storyline). But two weeks later, they're at him again with a new leader in a feud that will struggle to match the first one. I was more interested in a straight Cena vs Punk feud than I am in Cena vs Nexus II. I'm with RepoMan in being more intrigued as to what happens next for Barrett.

this always happens i wake up half a hr in to raw go to bed thinking i aint missed much and something always happens :angry: well heres hoping i stay awake next week and something good happens then as well

The hope here is that Nexus are being used as a tool to pump up CM Punk and not the other way around.

In the original Nexus story, it was important to keep all these guys looking reasonably strong. They were trying to put over the power of the group and so it was important not to make any of these guys look disposable. Barrett would have looked vulnerable without the numbers around him and they needed to keep everyone around. This time that needn't be the case. As a multiple time World Champion, CM Punk should be played like the big boss in a martial arts movie. Sure, he has his minions, but he is the toughest motherfucker in the room and more than a match for the hero anyway. Nexus should just be stepping stones; the Balrogs and Vegas on the way to Bison. They help Punk get the occasional win over Cena, make him untouchable, but then get slowly and surely picked off once and for all. No more acting like one chair shot counts as having done the job. These guys should be beaten properly and taken off TV one-by-one as we see the numbers dwindling around Punk, who is increasingly panicked but all the more volatile and dangerous for it. I think that transition from cool and calculated to desperate and dangerous is something Punk can do really well leading into a massive match.

But yeah, tangent aside...

I think the key is to make Punk look like he's using these guys and not that he's actually a part of Nexus. As people have said, Nexus vs. Cena is done as a feud. This needs to be explicitly Punk vs. Cena, with the Nexus playing a supporting role at best.

• Paid Members

I have mixed feelings about this too. Really this is the the third time we've seen this. The crowd were really into it though (when Punk slowly put on his Nexus band the reaction was huge) and the other times have been fun.

I was hoping Nexus were going take their shirts off to reveal Straight Edge Society t-shirts, just to freshen things up a little.

The only plus is CM Punk is brilliant and will do a far better job in the main event spot than Wade Barrett (who's really good on the mic but average in the ring). I also marked when they did the Nation of Domination fist in the air, more of that please.

I'm chuffed WWE are giving CM Punk another chance in the main events now (thus getting more TV time). I was worried he'd end up lost in the upper midcard forever after 'Taker bitched him out.

Another cracking Raw.

Am i the only one who's thinking they're gonna go with Cena and Barret "reluctantly" teaming together to try and take out Punk and the Nexus?

To be honest i think i'd rather see that then Barrett feuding with 'Taker cos i can see that being a stinker given the state 'Taker's in and the fact that Barrett is still average at best IMO.

Archived