Mr. Seven's Top 50 Songs of 2010

Mr. Seven

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna fire through this at the weekend and drop some thoughts. As the other resident (though not that resident anymore), music list fag, I figure I'll add some tunes I would have had on there for now. Click on the song title for the youtube link!

School of Seven Bells -

Kind of shocked not to see this on the Sev list, dunno if he heard it, but it's a brilliant dreampop/shoegaze type thing and I know Sev tends to like things that are pretty.

Florrie -

Probably my favourite pop tune of the year. She's like a solo Girls Aloud, expecting her to blow pretty big soonish.

Lindstrom & Christabelle -

Yeah Lindstrom is one of the premier DJ's/electronic music dons of the past 5 years or so. Weird move to decide to get a Peruvian (I think) bird in to do some weird love songs, but a weird move I'm pleased he made.

DJ Zinc & Ms Dynamite -

Yeah, so this one is a banger. Best thing Ms D has done by miles.

Tinie Tempah - 'Pass Out'

You might have heard this one! I don't think much to Tempah overall, but this is the height of the pop/grime crossover so far imho. Ridiculously fun lyrics over the beat, which sounds like the best level of Sonic ever. Dancefloor unification.

Kanye West -

I really do think Kanye has tapped into some Purple Rain shit here, whether this remains as vital as Purple Rain to me in a few years remains to be seen, but for now it's the tits.

Pantha Du Prince -

This Bliss was one of my favourite albums ever, so I was pretty amped for the new one. Tracks like this one didn't dissapoint. Pure audio bliss.

Azari & III - 'Reckless with your love' (Tensnake remix)

The most awesomely retro sound of 2010 I think. I'm normally pretty against retro sounding shit, but not when it sounds as cool as this.

I love Dillinger Escape Plan, they are easily my favourite live band and that song sounds fairly good but its just not the Dillinger Escape Plan I fell in love with. I'm usually all for musical progression and such but I wish DEP would write another album like Calculating Infinity...

I'm glad they haven't yet as Greg Puciato is a far better vocalist and frontman.

So I did this top fifty thing for a website too and some Matt Cardle fansite ended up re-linking the list, not realising I was taking the piss. Whoops.

Archived