Calling all Pokemon trainers

SpiralTap

• Paid Members

ken_sugimori.jpg

"JUST BUY A COPY OF HEART GOLD YOU PEASANT!"

All aspects of breeding, yes, but EV training not so much. I don't really do battling against other players, so it doesn't serve much purpose for me. I've done it from time to time, but as long as by the time they're level 70 they have workable stats and a good set of moves I'm content. There have been a few exceptions though, and one in the future will be when I train the ULTIMATE HONCHKROW. I fucking love Honchkrow's design. I love it the most, and therefore my Honchkrow will be the BEST HONCHKROW OF ALL TIME. His name will be Vincenzo. I don't name them ever, but he will be Vincenzo. Named after Vincenzo Iaquinta and Christopher Walken's True Romance character.

One thing I'm doing with my epic project is ensuring that all the final evolutions are actually finished and useable. By useable, I just mean they can be on the team when I go and kill the Elite four for the hundredth time, but still, I don't just get them up to level 25, use the stone and then dump them. My Vileplume, for example, was the last piece of the 31-60 puzzle because I got him up to level 65 before I put it back in the box. Similarly, my Raichu is at level 60ish and has Volt Tackle because I took the time to go through the necessary bullshit. Happiness evolutions are the devil's work.

I like to breed babies with nice move sets, and I like collections and fun stuff like that more than battling. I have one shiny in my collection. He's a Magcargo in a rather fetching shade of lilac. I feel blessed to have found one, and he occasionaly gets busted out because I need his flame body for hatching eggs. Very occasional UKFF poster Whinehouse has a shiny Sandlash. He has red spikes like Knuckles the Echidna. I'm jealous of this.

Another perk of HG/SS is the Elite Four Redux thing, where you fight them the second time and they have better teams at higher levels. The Champion has level 68-75 Dragons in his squad, so he's worth a visit and is actually fun for quite a while, whereas the Diamond/Pearl set very rapidly stops being any kind of worthy adversary. Also you can go and fight Red at the end, and his team is pushing 80s-90.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That's cool. EV training for me was mainly for doing the Battle Tower in Diamond (like you Diamond is my 'home') where every minor minor detail counts once you start battling past level 50. Having EV points wasted on special attacks when you're using regular attacks for example. My current baby is a level 90 Garchomp, hatched in such a way that it can get 'Outrage', 'Earthquake', 'Crunch' and 'Brick Break' He has all his EV's in attack and speed, holding a Choice Band to 1.5x his attack. Outrage already does 150 base damage, and being a Dragon attack it is at least 1.0x effective on virtually everything. with his already phenomenal stats he is pretty much unstoppable and can quite happily sit there and wipe out entire teams of similar levels without any of them even getting a move in. Also using a lv100 Salamance, and currently a lv 80 Starmie.

I'm going to die alone aren't I? :(

I busted out Fire Red last night on my Emulator and finally figured out how to trade between emulators, so i'm thinkin i need to get a copy of Leaf Green too and try and fill my Pokedex. This is basically my weekend sorted until the UFC comes on.

I'm thinkin about gettin a DS over christmas and trying my hands on one of the newer games too

In the new year I will be working with my local youth club and im wondering if I could get the little shitlings into the retro generations of pokemon, I know its not cool to ask kids (or their parents) to shell out for the required equipment or whatever so they can be involved in an activity but c'mon how much is a GB colour and original game going for these days?

Answer; Amazon has available GB Advance starting from

Well, imagine when you were eleven, and playing you're lovely colour copy of Pokemon Gold on your GBA, and the guy from the Youth Centre came in and suggested you all splashed out on an original Gameboy and played Tetris...how receptive would you have been? The ship is sailed, especially if they have to pay for something. Plus, Red, Blue, Gold and Silver have all been remade and can be played with superior graphics on superior equipment, so playing the originals is redundant unless you're like us and the games have sentimental value.

I used to be massively into Pokemon, I remember getting all 250 on Gold and being so happy; then I used a Gameshark to get Celebi for everyone...they all got a free Celebi, I got my game fucked up, and I had to start again. It was pretty devastating given how many hours I spent on it.

I bought Sapphire and played that a fair amount with all the berries and stuff, though it was disappointing to have a small world with no night and day. Then I got Diamond and barely played it. I just couldn't get into it anymore. I bought Soul Silver six months ago to see if the nostalgia was still there, but I still haven't even done all the gyms.

• Paid Members
What is the best way to trade and get other pokemon though?

Think you can just request a trade online. The UKFF should set up it's own trade centre.

The wifi chat area on Serebii is really good, you get a lot of experienced trainers on there, so it tends to be a lot of very rare trading going on in there. But yes, setting up a UKFF trade page would be a good idea.

• Paid Members
Im not sure if I feel better knowing that there are far sadder peeps out there than I or if I feel worse knowing that there are peeps better than me out there.

Dude, we all rocking in the same boat. After all, this is a wrestling fan forum. We hardly cool as ice n shit.

• Paid Members

Accuse me of leading a shallow life, but I only ever really played Red/Blue. Well, Red. Because I had a hard on for the fire types and wanted my Arcanine damn it. My best mate had blue and wonderfully coincidentally my girlfriend years later also did.

Had a go on Diamond on holidays two years ago, that were ok but my mild OCD meant I spent more time making poffin than actually playing the game.

And anyone saying its not cool, since I can say I shagged a girl I met through Pokemon, that makes it plenty cool enough for me.

Wrestling not so much.

And anyone saying its not cool, since I can say I shagged a girl I met through Pokemon, that makes it plenty cool enough for me.

Wrestling not so much.

Im quite the opposite, my count is 3 girls through wrestling (2 of which became gfs) and 0 through pokemon. All i need now is a lass that can rock it on Guitar hero and i'll be happy.

OK a slight alteration to my youthclub idea taking on board feedback; We go with Fire Red/Leaf Green and Heart Gold/Soul Silver, this still counts as gens 1+2 I believe.

It just means I cant use stadium unless there is a new version for these games?

Edit; Have found the new versions which allow 'Stadium' style battles, gen 1 is for gamecube and gen 2 is on wii, just another excuse to buy a wii i guess.

Well here is a little update on my Platinum game,

played for 10 hrs 55 mins. Just got the 3rd Gym Badge off Fantima, was quite a hard one I thought. My pokedex consists of 62 Pokemon seen and 20 obtained. My party is Prinplup (lv 26) Luxio (lv 25) Psyduck (lv 27) Beautifly (lv 19) and a rather useless Buneary (lv 15) who I only really have about to use cut. I also just received an Evee from some woman in Hearthrome so I'm looking to turn him into something cool, perhaps Umbreon? I fancy a good Dark type Pokemon but I'm unsure how to work this Happiness stuff.

So onwards to the next Badge, I'm finding the trainers inbetween places absolutely piss easy mostly because they have geodudes and Onixs and I have two water types that just destroy them in one go.

Archived