Calling all Pokemon trainers

SpiralTap

• Paid Members

Ha, Tepig is a good English name name for Pokabu.

The Sea Otter looks pretty fucking cool by its final evolution, so I hope people aren't put off by the starting form.

I'll be a day one Black and White buyer, so count me in for tradings and whatnot.

My project to have at least one specimen of each 'mon in each of its forms continues by the way.

Done 1-30 and 31-60. 61-90 just needs odd things filling in here and there, and the final two boxes are at least two thirds done. Middle forms of things are the main gaps. I also need to go and get a Kangaskhan. I've got the appropriate GBA games to get one, so I'll fill in the gaps soon and it'll be real purdy. HG and SS should be good for most of the next 100, and I've got a good chunk of them already. The finished boxes are a bit too satisfying to me. It's a slight concern.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Ha, Tepig is a good English name name for Pokabu.

The Sea Otter looks pretty fucking cool by its final evolution, so I hope people aren't put off by the starting form.

I'll be a day one Black and White buyer, so count me in for tradings and whatnot.

My project to have at least one specimen of each 'mon in each of its forms continues by the way.

Done 1-30 and 31-60. 61-90 just needs odd things filling in here and there, and the final two boxes are at least two thirds done. Middle forms of things are the main gaps. I also need to go and get a Kangaskhan. I've got the appropriate GBA games to get one, so I'll fill in the gaps soon and it'll be real purdy. HG and SS should be good for most of the next 100, and I've got a good chunk of them already. The finished boxes are a bit too satisfying to me. It's a slight concern.

I'm terrible for box organisation. I have my first box full with all variations on all of the starters, then about 10 boxes in numerical order (but not all variations until we get bigger boxes) then one for my legends and event pokemon, then one for my EV + nature trained super-Pokemon for battling, then the last for decent Pokemon for trading.

I'll look forward to trading Black and White with you, I know I can talk Fruitcorner into getting it. Also, if you have problems getting a Kangashkan, I'm pretty sure I have a spare one, or if not I can breed you one. The main problem I have at the moment is the place I'm living, the wireless is encoded with WEP whic for some reason my DS doesnt seem to like, so I have no connection for trading :(

• Paid Members

I have a similar issue; I had to tap into my neighbour's wi-fi (they're our friends anyway) to download Mew. I didn't get online at all when they were giving out Jiratchi, which is sad. :(

I figure with this project, the only ones where it's acceptable to cheat is for event Pok

• Paid Members

I guess.

I wouldn't lie about it though, it'd me more about my OCD side not wanting there to be gaps.

I am as anti-hacking as the next guy, but I've always just assumed people wouldn't be up for trading off their one of a kind event Pok

• Paid Members
They're ultra rare but not impossible to find. I got a shiny Machop in Crystal I think, and my mate got a shiny Pidgey.

Yeah, I've got a shiny Magcargo and my friend has a shiny Sandslash, but the people on the Serebii forums looking to trade are talking about having 50 or more shinies available for trade, which is nuts. Oh, and I've got a red Gyarados like everyone else.

What about all the shiny legendaries as well? Is that just a case of getting to the room where they are, saving and then just starting the battle over and over again until you get lucky?

They definitely appeal to me anyway. I particularly want a black Charizard and a custard yellow Lickilicky.

• Paid Members

Also, if anyone is interested in a fucking awesome team for taking on the Battle tower, or just to have pretty unstoppable Pokemon for the hell of it, I'm currently using.

Garchomp (Jolly) Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch, Aerial Ace With Choice Band

Starmie (Modest) Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Recover With Life Orb

Salamance (Modest) Draco Meteor, Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Aerial Ace With Choice Scarf

Fuck using 'tanks' or 'walls', I just go straight out with one physical sweeper and two special sweepers. bred specifically With the right natures and meticulously ev trained in only speed and attack (garchomp) or speed and special attack (Starmie and Salamance) , plus excellent items, these guys have gotten me past the champion at the battle tower. (50 wins in a row) I must have tried 50 combinations and tonnes of different Pokemon to beat it, but got there in the end with this team.

• Paid Members

They do that by reseting at the start of the fight until they get the legendaries the other way then do it is by cloning to trade for other events these get cloned again and suddenly there are enough out there to satify the collected, this is why rare non uber shinies seem to be worth more than ledgendary ones.

One for those who played STADIUM;

What was your favourite mini-game?

Barrier ball was heavily played in my house as was the log cutting game but without question my favourite has to be 'Magikarp splash', I remember the very 1st time I played it I ended up in tears.

4 stupid useless fish jumping up to hit a counter all at the same time, the visual is funny enough but it was the sound that did me in, "Karp....karp..karpkarp..k..karp.karp".

Trying to explain this to someone doesnt do it justice, I showed the gf recently who thought I was a bit 'special' when trying to discribe it. She knew little of pokemon but she was in tears also.

Im so getting a Magikarp tattoo

• Paid Members

Just had to buy Sapphire for GBA (well, micro) because I have Ruby, Leaf and Emerald but wanted to start again. Unfortunately, I have random awesome Pokemon I don't want to lose dotted amongst them so I wasn't ever going to restart another game on those. Now I have to be patient and await deliver...

Oh how it hurts...

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Bumping this topic as we are not that far away from the release of Black and White 4th of march. And the events for getting special stuff in black white are in swing. WIFI legendary dogs (unlocks Zorark in black/white) at the moment and today I popped down to Oxford Street and got Celebi which unlocks a zorua when transfered over

Dates and places downloads are available for Time travel Celebi.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

In The Games Department

UK Event - Celebi Confirmation

For those of you in the UK, the Celebi event has finally been confirmed. This event will be running in specific GAME stores across the UK within the month of February and will give you access to the special Celebi. This Celebi unlocks a Time Travel event in Ilex Forest in HeartGold & SoulSilver and also gives you access to Zorua in Black & White. The details are as follows:

Meadowhall - Unit 29, High Street, Meadowhall Centre, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 1EN - 19/02/2011 - 20/02/2011

Oxford St, London - 100 Oxford Street, London, W1D 9LL - 19/02/2011 - 20/02/2011

Liverpool - Unit 44, South John Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 8BU - 19/02/2011 - 20/02/2011

Cabot Circus - Bristol - SU16 Cabot Circus, Broadmead, Bristol, BS1 3BH - 19/02/2011 - 20/02/2011

Bedford - 27-29 Midland Road, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 1PL - 19/02/2011 - 20/02/2011

Glasgow Fort - 285 Provan Walk, Glasgow Fort Shopping Centre, Junction 10 - M8, Glasgow, G34 9DY - 26/02/2011 - 27/02/2011

Brighton - 43-44 Western Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 2EB - 26/02/2011 - 27/02/2011

Preston - Unit 8, Fishergate Centre, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 8HJ - 26/02/2011 - 27/02/2011

London Hamleys - 188-196 Regent Street, , London, , W1B 5BT - 26/02/2011 - 27/02/2011

Reading - Unit 18, Oracle Shopping Centre Reading, Berkshire, RG1 2AQ 26/02/2011 - 27/02/2011

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I wasn't actually planning on getting black and white but I've been reading so much on smogon university and playing with the new pokemon via pokemon online that I'm going to pick up both so will be up for trading and getting involved in dream world activities to unlock dream world pokemon.

Archived