Calling all Pokemon trainers

SpiralTap

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else picked up X or Y yet? I've had it since Monday but only got a chance to play last night and I'm really digging it. The 3D ain't great (or at least my eyes are taking a while to get used to using a 3DS again) but in general it looks lovely and plays like a classic Pokemon game. There's less fucking about at the start too, the "how to use a Pokeball" bit is mercifully short and it pretty much cuts to the chase. Big fan of there being plenty of original Pokemon at the start of the game too, I already have a Pikachu and a Butterfree on my team.

• Paid Members
Anyone else picked up X or Y yet? I've had it since Monday but only got a chance to play last night and I'm really digging it. The 3D ain't great (or at least my eyes are taking a while to get used to using a 3DS again) but in general it looks lovely and plays like a classic Pokemon game. There's less fucking about at the start too, the "how to use a Pokeball" bit is mercifully short and it pretty much cuts to the chase. Big fan of there being plenty of original Pokemon at the start of the game too, I already have a Pikachu and a Butterfree on my team.

Been playing X since last Thursday and it's a breath of fresh air. The graphics overhaul has done wonders, and new additions like gaining EXP for catching Pokemon mean that it's more encouraging to try and fill the Pokedex.

I'm 7 badges in, about to go for the 8th and it's arguably my favourite Pokemon since Blue and Crystal.

I've just beaten the 6th gym and that leader was a little bit odd.. not sure what to make of the post-battle speech. I have to say the battle graphics are absolutely gorgeous and some of the character designs really shine with this new 3D art style, Raichu looks awesome.

Archived