Calling all Pokemon trainers

SpiralTap

• Paid Members

Been playing Black for a few days now and it's a mixed bag. It has a load of new features that will no doubt excite people, and an entirely exclusive new pokedex. It looks fantastic in some places too. A few problems though include a lot of the new pokemon being rubbish, or clones (such as the one that looks exactly like Bidoof, the Tauros with an Afro and the Furry Zubat) and because there's no familiar faces around it's taking a while to understand how the new ones work. The storyline being pretty much exactly the same as the last games (new trainer starting, mum and professor look after you, evil team show up out of nowhere causing trouble, catch em all), and once you look past the snazzy new graphics you realise the game is the exact same as every other game. I'm only 3 or 4 badges in so far, so it could pick up. The last town I was in was full of skyscrapers and at first is breath-taking, but there is literally nothing in it. It's a load of empty offices.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

have you got an advance British/American copy then or is this from the Japanese game.

Exdrill, Ferrothorn, Braviary, Zoroark, Krookodile, all look interesting, but it seems that a lot of the better stuff happens later in the game and the difficult pitches up hard towards the end with lots of late evolvers from what I have been reading.

• Paid Members

I got the Japanese translated one. I'm not entirely sure about names as they all look the same in Japanese, but at the minute my team is err

Lightning Zebra

Grass Snake

Bird

Blue fighter thing

Chinchilla

Dog

• Paid Members
have you got an advance British/American copy then or is this from the Japanese game.

Exdrill, Ferrothorn, Braviary, Zoroark, Krookodile, all look interesting, but it seems that a lot of the better stuff happens later in the game and the difficult pitches up hard towards the end with lots of late evolvers from what I have been reading.

exdrill - http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/530.shtml -considered a beast in a sandstorm on P/O

ferro thorn - http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/598.shtml -serious wall

braviary - http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/628.shtml -best flyer ingame

Zoroark - http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/571.shtml - illusion for fun

Krookodile -http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/553.shtml -Moxie means you start killing you keep killing.

but there are a lot of powerful pokemon after the elite four apparently and a couple more towns to visit.

I recognise most of your team from reading the forums over at smogon

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

I'm very late to the party, but have just started playing black on the DS after not playing any of the games since Pokemon Yellow (with Red before it). Whilst it is generically this same, the game has gone very up market since i last played with cool little intro's and millions of new Pokemon.

Will keep my eyes open for the new games!

• Paid Members

Great news, was a bit miffed that they brought out Black & White 2 for just DS platform a good 18 months or so after the 3DS came out.

I'm same as neil's bitch- just started playing Pokemon White. It's alright, but surprisingly the last generation (Diamond & Pearl) was much better. The touch-screen assistant where you can add loads of 'apps' was brilliant, but that's been replaced with some online play thing. And there is far too much cut-scene stuff. Well not cut-scene, but you know what I mean- standing around and chatting with the latest Team Rocket and other adventurers you start the game alongside.

• Paid Members

Talking to random trainers or people out of choice is fine, I make a point of doing that with everyone anyway to pick up items and battle everyone to train my pokemon. But the being forced into speaking with people has gone mental this time. The whole Team Plasma storyline, former champion helping you out, the gym leaders coming together...meh. Go away and let me raise my pokemon so I can challenge the Elite 4. As usual.

• Paid Members

Honestly I'd have been happy with a remake of R/S/E because I'd love to play through my GBA version again but it's spoiled by the improved functionality of the later games. This, though, this is much better. I want a Froakie right now.

Interested in X and Y, the 3D battles look good but I kinda have got bored of the main series, I completed White but it was as engaging as playing Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver was when I was younger, so I'm hope they try freshen the games up more in X and Y.

• 7 months later...

Archived