The MMA General News & Events Thread

David

• Paid Members
545660_10150687837332512_125196232511_9169457_1124362404_n.jpg

Wow, Maybe it's the angle of the picture but he looks to have dropped quite a bit there. This 205 thing seems to be on.

Considering it has already been announced he is fighting Bigfoot Silva, I don't think its a great idea to be heading that way just yet.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Could have done without the BAMMA spoilers aswell :/

Mark Munoz vs. Chris Weidman sometime in the summer. Had to be expecting that, im still surprised they didn't go with Munoz/Bisping. But it almost feels like this and Bisping/Boetsch feels like semi-finals, with the winners facing off for the no.1 contendership.

Yeah I'd have gone the other way round and done Bisping/Munoz and Weidman/Boetsch, still good fights though.

All these fight announcements and still no Ross Pearson fight! Come on Joe Silva, sort it oot!

I dunno what's holding that up either. Looking at the 145lb class I'm thinking he's gotta be fighting Erik Koch. He seems to be the only logical opponent at the minute with everyone else matched up.

Surely they won't wait to put him on the Liverpool show in September, that would be nearly a year between fights. Maybe they'll whack him on the Canada card in July.

• Paid Members

Gray Maynard wants a fourth fight with Frankie Edgar at some point

"The title has always been the goal. I would love to have the belt and somewhere along the line, get another fight with Edgar. We are 1-1-1 and we need to settle it once and for all. It has to happen eventually, and after that fight we can both be done. We can walk away knowing it's over and that we gave MMA fans some great fights to look back on."

I'd like to see that, I saw Dana a while back talking about it and he seemed uninterested, as if it's all settled after Frankie KO'd Gray. But like Gray said, they're 1-1-1, it couldn't be more even. It needs a 4th fight down the line I think.

• Paid Members

there's spoilers to a degree, the reason why we wanted spoilers for the BAMMA show is because it's on British TV on Saturday night. If it was a show that was in no way going to aired you coulda put them up.

• Paid Members

I'm going to play devils advocate here, if I personally wanted to avoid spoilers to an event, the last place I would be looking at would be a general MMA thread. People may have mentioned they didn't want spoilers in a previous post, but the poster obviously did not see it and that's the risk you take coming into a thread that discusses MMA.

• Paid Members

ok fair enough, i understand that but i thought being MMA fans we'd all want to avoid the results seeings as it's being aired on TV this week.

I'll admit i've posted spoilers but it's more a case of doing it where the shows have already been aired or whatever. BAMMA hasn't been aired and is on a week's delay, so i thought asking for spoilers wasn't so much of favour to ask. If it's show that has aired and i know i can get a hold of i will avoid anything MMA related. I just assumed we'd all pretty much want to avoid the BAMMA results until Saturday night, it wasn't just for my benefit.

TUF Brazil was pretty good, some very entertaining fights and a lot of the fighters look like they could have long careers in the UFC. Subtitles didn't affect me as much as I expected, mind that'll probably change from the weeks onwards with more in-house and training stuff happening.

For those on the fence about watching it, here is one reason why you should:

Wanderlei talking about cups -

WANDERLEI_medium.jpg

Archived