Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Heard of The Losers before but never actually managed to sit down and watch it. How good is it?

Got the set last week. It's your typical 1970s ITV sitcom, by which I mean it's not Rising Damp and thus not very good, though there's some gently amusing stuff about all the bogus world titles. Unremarkable until the fourth episode, which I've been tweeting about:

Watching a 1978 ITV sitcom. So far it's one "nigger", two "dagos" and a black man "beating the tom toms."

Oh, Jesus, now it's "after seven o clock in Brixton you can only see eyeballs and teeth." This is why political correctness went mad.

The punchline is "Citizen Coon". Wow.

It's a wrestling sitcom. The promoter wants interracial bouts so Alfred Molina is blacking up.

Promoter wants to bill him as "the spade from 20,000 fathoms."

On the one hand I stunned this aired in my lifetime. On the other hand it's right around the time of the Carribbean Sunshine Boys.

The other wrestler is a National Front politician. Buying his boots took "two weeks mugging old paki women."

The West Indian fans are six inches from Molina and don't realise he's covered in boot polish. Oh, and add "wog" to your bigot bingo.

Ends in Benny Hill style Nazi/Rasta chase. Molina/Rossiter get away because they can't be seen in dark.

Well, until they fall in a lake and turn white. Now the Rastas have turned against them and taken chase. Roll credits...

Don't think this show is going to be repeated any time soon.

What's with all these ECW dvds popping up on eBay recently?

There's compilation sets like...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECW-Loves-New-Yo...=item2c6c0fdc7a

And even old PPVs...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECW-Wrestling-Ha...=item2c6c42a257

I gather they're just well produced, unofficial sets that will soon be pulled once WWE gets word?

Or is there something else to it? I read a snippet recently about WWE re-applying for the ECW license or something? What's that all about?

What's with all these ECW dvds popping up on eBay recently?

There's compilation sets like...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECW-Loves-New-Yo...=item2c6c0fdc7a

And even old PPVs...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECW-Wrestling-Ha...=item2c6c42a257

I gather they're just well produced, unofficial sets that will soon be pulled once WWE gets word?

Or is there something else to it? I read a snippet recently about WWE re-applying for the ECW license or something? What's that all about?

If you bothered reading the product description, they are official releases by RF Video. Seen them sold on Highspots, hell the seller name is Highspotsukstore

Thinking about getting the Attitude DVD myself, the doc doesn't seem anything special but there's a few matches on there I would like to have.

The doc is pretty average, about an hour in length, but the extras are fantastic. On that note, I'd get the Blu Ray. It's 2 discs but the 2nd disc has another discs worth of Blu Ray exclusives, quality stuff.

Recently bought the Edge blu ray,watched it last night, i thought it was really good. i love wwe's current docu approach a lot, i hope they keep this up for a long time.

i always loved wwe's dvd production,virtually every one of their documentary/biography films is very well made but yet there is a certain diffrence about the older ones and what we get these days, i think the first time i noticed it was with the John cena experiance blu ray, even tho he had other dvd sets already,and i liked the my life dvd a lot docu wise, the experiance seemed more genuine, raw footage of what it means be a wwe superstar, then a while later i got the Randy orton blu ray and man, that was good too, and now edge, ohyeah and in between i bought the stone cold and rock blu rays too. Fantastic stuff.

i can't really put my finger on it what they're doing so diffrently, the setup is pretty much the same formula, yet the way it's filmed and presented makes new releases more realistic somehow.

i've still yet to buy the Punk blu ray but after hearing so many great things i'm really looking forward to getting it soon. i think sometimes with these newer releases, it's not so much the wrestling part of the docu that feels great but the little things, like footage of getting to the arena, getting ready for a match backstage, general fan axxes and media footage they do...i love seeing that and it really makes you appreciate the whole lifestyle and commitment from the superstars instead of just focusing on the in ring career. i would love to see a new Undertaker blu ray like this someday,what an epic release that would be if he was as open and honest about his life & career like edge,austin...i'm kinda sick of all the undertkaer releases being either comps and never getting real insight into anything, it's my yard is still the best documentary style dvd he ever got and it's so old now it's sad, when you know there are so much great storys and footage that must be out there to show the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived