Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

dvd-lg-alt-nitro-2.jpg

For six years WCW Monday Nitro went head-to-head with WWE Raw pulling out all the stops to gain the upper hand in the escalating Monday Night War. The place “where the big boys play” produced such a wealth of non-stop thrills action drama and controversy that we could not possibly scratch the surface in one volume. Host Diamond Dallas Page returns to present Volume 2 of the wildly successful Best of WCW Nitro series. Sports entertainment fans will relive eight more hours of the poisonous n.W.o electrifying cruiserweights and unparalleled star power that delivered an endless supply of timeless matches and moments. All the greatest WCW stars are included such as Ric Flair Hulk Hogan Sting Kevin Nash Rey Mysterio Eric Bischoff Goldberg and more. Plus check out the Nitro Girls Nitro parties WCW’s spring break bashes celebrity integration and several matches never-before-released on DVD

I'm thinking this will go down well here.... well i really like the cover anyway

• Paid Members

HELL AYE to Best of Nitro Vol 2.

But this Best Raw moments set looks compulsive viewing.

94. Are You Ready For Some Wrestling? • Nov 22, 2004

I'd be lying if I said I remembered what this is aboot.

88. Mr. McMahon trains for the Royal Rumble • Jan 11, 1999

85. The Rock's Eulogy for Stone Cold • Apr 19, 1999

63. The Rock makes fun of Toronto • Feb 24, 2003

38. Batista Quits WWE • May 24, 2010

Good wrestling humour is a joy to watch, and by lord they used to nail it.

84. Santino Marella: Milan Miracle • Apr 16, 2007

69. Kofi Kingston... Boom! Boom! Boom! • Nov 16, 2009

68. Hornswoggle is Mr. McMahon's Son • Sept 10, 2007

58. The Miz cashes in Money in the Bank • Nov 22, 2010

Well, you've got to squeeze the current roster on somehow, haven't you? Kofi can fuck off, and the Hornswoggle thing was embarrassing.

82. Marty Jannetty vs. Shawn Michaels • May 17, 1993

20. 1-2-3 Kid Upsets Razor Ramon • May 17, 1993

100% the episode that established Raw as "can't miss." One of the best examples ever of "it's live, anything can happen" from start to finish, even in the days prior to the internet/spoilers.

81. Edge's Retirement Speech • Apr 11, 2011

64. Shawn Michaels Farewell Speech • Mar 29, 2010

56. Ric Flair's Retirement Celebration • Mar 31, 2008

Well, there's something to be said for genuine emotion, and these all got to me. Even though none of them were "my favourite guys" at any point, they were still stirring moments. I was gobsmacked when Edge retired, and I lost it at "Shawn Michaels has left the building."

80. Triple H takes over DX • Mar 30, 1998

32. The Rock Challenges Hulk Hogan • Feb 18, 2002

26. The Rock Returns • Feb 14, 2011

23. Triple H Returns To Raw • Jan 7, 2002

19. Batista Turns on Evolution • Feb 21, 2005

17. Bischoff – New Raw GM • July 15, 2002

Some of these were pivotal in terms of character development and some were real "time stands still" stuff, and all brilliant.

75. Loser-Leaves-Town Match • Jan 25, 1993

71. Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold, Street Fight • April 21, 1997

54. Chris Jericho "Wins" The WWE Championship • Apr 17, 2000

22. Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy • July 1, 2002

And sometimes good TV is just about what happens bell to bell. Some great action and intensity here, with genuine emotion from the crowds.

57. US vs. Canada Flag Match • Jul 21, 1997

A pleasant surprise, this one. The atmosphere was incredible. They were brilliant to book Canadian Stampede and a Raw, then go back to the States (Texas IIRC?) for the 14th, then hit Halifax for this show. Really gave you the feel for the different sides of the USA/Canada rivalry.

44. Bret Hart Shoves Mr. McMahon • Mar 17, 1997

"Frustrated isn't the God damn word for it! This is bullshit!" - quite right. You're still my hero.

15. Sable Wears A Potato Sack • Dec 8, 1997

14. Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night • Jul 11, 2007

13. Pillman's Got a Gun • Nov 4, 1996

12. Vegas Wedding • Nov 29, 1999

11. Kane Unmasks • Jun 23, 2003

10. WrestleMania XXVI Challenge• Feb 22, 2010

9. Raw/Nitro Simulcast • Mar 26, 2001

8. Rock Concert • Mar 24, 2003

7. DX Mocks the Nation • Jul 6, 1998

6. #1 Draft Pick • Jun 6, 2005

5. Pipe Bomb • Jun 27, 2011

4. Tyson and Austin • Jan 19, 1998

3. Millennium Man • Aug 9, 1999

2. This Is Your Life • Sept 27, 1999

1. Beer Bath • Mar 22, 1999

Great stuff, all superb and iconic. NAILED IT for getting all the best stuff in the top end. I might have left out the Mr McMahon appreciation wotsit, but that's probably unfair. I wasn't watching at the time.

Overall, spectacular stuff. Might have to get this. Needs more Sunny, why didn't they disrobe her more often on Raw???? Oh well, I'll always have that outfit and promo on "New Yawkers" in the Manhattan Centre. (fap fap fap)

• Paid Members
Anyway, I'm pretty sure that segment is the one involving Vince McMahon, Shelton Benjamin and Trish Stratus where Shelton and Trish snog and there's some gag at a football headline or something. Something like that.

Aha, never seen that one. Trish and Shelton?? They must have been hoping charisma was contagious.

• Paid Members
Has the new nitro dvd got a blu ray release aswell?

FAQ from WWEDVD.CO.UK

Q. When is Nitro 2 Blu-ray being released?

A. The release is planned for April 2013, but currently on DVD only, we are reviewing if we release this title on Blu-ray

Has the new nitro dvd got a blu ray release aswell?

FAQ from WWEDVD.CO.UK

A. The release is planned for April 2013, but currently on DVD only, we are reviewing if we release this title on Blu-ray

Its since been updated since then and now reads ...........

A. The release is planned for April and will be on DVD and Blu-ray

As much as a shameless cash in as it is, I still enjoyed the Top 100 moments blu ray. The problem with doing a Top 100 is that you obviously only get highlights of every moment. For this reason alone, I thought it would have been logical to have the Top 10 (and maybe others) in full as Blu Ray extras. Instead, you have the entire Raw 1000 show. I know which one I would have preferred. Seeing some classic late 90's angles in perfect quality, in full, would have been great.

You can see that its a really lazily put together DVD, as all the interviews used for the big moments, with the stars you actually care about/were involved, were all nabbed from other DVDs. I guess thats still better than hearing Matt Striker or Tyson Kidd's thoughts on things like Vince getting blown up. Because of this, it weirdly jumps back and forth from having the WWF logo blurred out to having it not blurred. Tyson joining DX, for example, is blurred, but many other things are not. I guess it was too much effort to edit the untouched footage inbetween the old interviews, so they just lumped the entire old footage + interview straight into the DVD.

A 'Get Well Benoit' sign from the Raw where ECW and WCW form The Alliance is blurred out, too.

Archived