The 2010 UKFF UK50(+) - Results

Big Benny HG

A 'massive fail' would be me nor the nefarious Dan Walsh even getting onto the list. I had the powers that be working night and day trying to ensure this would be the case...

Any publicity is good publicity as they say!

Is that Pretty Boy Dan Walsh? If so then him being in the list would be a travesty of justice. He's great and his character is extremely well played.

Lol. People just don't get it... They just... sigh... don't get it.

It's Dan Walsh, for Pete's sake!

my money is on helix.... he has some serious hate going on

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
A 'massive fail' would be me nor the nefarious Dan Walsh even getting onto the list. I had the powers that be working night and day trying to ensure this would be the case...

Any publicity is good publicity as they say!

Is that Pretty Boy Dan Walsh? If so then him being in the list would be a travesty of justice. He's great and his character is extremely well played.

Lol. People just don't get it... They just... sigh... don't get it.

It's Dan Walsh, for Pete's sake!

my money is on helix.... he has some serious hate going on

I'm sorry but this is Dan Walsh we are talking about here. Dan Walsh!!

Dan Walsh.

I seriously doubt it will be Renfrew or Shame. Renfrew's an extremely solid worker, and Adam Shame spent the past year as TXW Heavyweight Champion before losing it in a match some fans called British MOTY -

At the risk of standing alone in this opinion; that looked like the worst match ive ever seen ZSJ have anywhere, thats not small statement considering the level of the guy, it just looked a horrid mess.

Just to be clear, I love ZSJ and I have attended many TXW shows and always had a good time and wish them great success.

I seriously doubt it will be Renfrew or Shame. Renfrew's an extremely solid worker, and Adam Shame spent the past year as TXW Heavyweight Champion before losing it in a match some fans called British MOTY -

At the risk of standing alone in this opinion; that looked like the worst match ive ever seen ZSJ have anywhere, thats not small statement considering the level of the guy, it just looked a horrid mess.

Just to be clear, I love ZSJ and I have attended many TXW shows and always had a good time and wish them great success.

i love adam shame, great brawler that understands how to pace a match very well. that match was very much a live experience with the crowd desparate for zack to pick up the strap. i personally enjoyed adams contribution more than zacks.

I thought it was a cracker, to be honest. Incredible big fight atmosphere and a really nicely put together match. The end sequence, when Zack was throwing everything he had at Shame, was awesome. And the hideous looking kick Shame ate just before the tap out really put it over the top.

I'd like to see ask the people that voted for Ronin which of the half a dozen matches he's had in the last year they saw.

Yeah, I thought that. Ditto Staniforth really- the two of them can't have had 10 matches between them this year (and by that I mean, their combined matches do not add up to 10, not that Ronin vs Petey has happened ten times).

• Paid Members

No, it's not Helix (who people don't hate, they just don't care about). No, it's not Dan Walsh (who, despite one of Gilligan's campaigns, was only nominated by, like, 3 people). It's:

~~SHIT LIST No. 1 - Gilligan Gordon~~

gordond.jpg

Yes indeed. The man who comically made his way onto the main UKFF UK50 rankings last year (with a relentless campaign on this forum, bombarding just about every member of British wrestling with text messages and even campaigning on wrestling shows, whether he was booked to appear on them or not) faces a backlash this time out. Gilligan's antics managed to see him voted into 23rd position in the 2009 UKFF UK50, but this time people just weren't interested. Thing is, however, that you might think that people only voted him onto the SHIT LIST solely because of his forum shenanigans, and that Gilligan himself would probably like to be named number one on the SHIT LIST purely for his own entertainment. Some kind of 'badge of honour', if you will. Indeed, that's what I thought..... and then I realised from people's nominations and their supporting comments that this was no funny vote, but in fact people taking the opportunity to really let rip about how terrible he actually is when it comes to what the UKFF UK50 should be judged on. In reality, people were pretty harsh....

"Gentleman" Gilligan Gordon wrestled for Celtic Wrestling, 4FW, Pro EV Promotions, FutureShock Wrestling and others, while also appearing as the top heel manager in IPW:UK, where he spent the year in charge of The Thrillers: Ricky Hype (when he was around), Iestyn Rees (when he wasn't injured), Joel Redman (before he split and turned face), Mark Haskins (until he, erm, just wasn't a Thriller anymore, with no explanation or recognition) and James Tighe (who replaced Redman). He is also associated with JD Knight in 4FW as a part of the Kinghts Templar.

"Condescending.........Unbeliveably shit.........No, please stop............Terrible"

"Shilling yourself for an online poll is lunacy at best, sheer stupidity at worst"

"Giving self marking a new name by campaigning for a second crack at the list that he obviously had no business on last year but, in general, he's not very good"

"Sits in the audience cracking wise, then asks the promotion for bookings over this very forum. Politics? Could be but either way he does not deserve a place on the good list"

"The phrase 'Those who can't wrestle should manage' springs to mind...and managing is exactly what he should stick to because he's godawful at everything else"

"Loves playing politics and weasling his way into backstage roles for companies he has no right being anywhere near"

"Think's he's so much better than everyone else in wrestling becasue he was trained by Barry from SAS, We are elite, indeed. Well, as far as I'm concerned the only thing Barry was any good at was being a crackhead and a drunk"

"Ugly as fuck with absolutely no wrestling talent whatsoever"

"Uncoordinated mess"

"One of the very worst wrestlers there is, who deserves to be outed"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gilligan himself would probably like to be named number one on the SHIT LIST purely for his own entertainment.

Yes. I'm actually quite proud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pretty much sums up my feelings :-)

And so with that, I take a bow!!

this post pretty much proves that u belong at number one you complete twat! that and having just watched a match of urs and seeing u r god awful :thumbsup:

Gilligan himself would probably like to be named number one on the SHIT LIST purely for his own entertainment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

this post pretty much proves that u belong at number one you complete twat! that and having just watched a match of urs and seeing u r god awful :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

~~~~~~~~~~~~

C'mon, wrestling is an art form. Just because you don't understand a Picaso doesn't mean it isn't good art!

I would prefer to call the SHIT LIST the top "20 Under Appreciated/Misunderstood Wrestling Artists in the UK", however that's not my call to make.

Edited by Gordon_The_Gopher