Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Supposed to premiere during next weeks agents of shield the avengers 2 trailer was leaked early so Marvel have decided to just get it over with and have released it officially anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do&feature=youtu.be

Amazing.  Can not wait for that now.  Just gutted it's still over 6 months away

DC has apparently announce their line up of films till 2020 (courtesy of IGN.com):

In all seriousness if Marvel keeps up their momentum, you're potentially looking 4 super hero films a year. Surely this is going to burn the genre out?

It will only burn out if we get shit film after shit film, I'm not sure how many it would take to turn people off, and wait for the home releases instead. What I see happening perhaps is people only going to see the mega hitters, like Avengers, BvS, JL, Xmen etc basically when theirs a huge team on board. Things like Thor, Wonder-woman etc will probably see a dip in box office compared to those, it seems like Marvel have already noticed this and are sticking Iron Man into Cap3.

I wouldn't trust that list wb/dc put out either, 2020 is a long time away, I wouldn't be surprised at all if half those movies never happen.

Avengers 2 trailer looks great, that Ultron voice is so creepy. I had to ban myself from watching Spiderman 2 trailers, since there were about 20 of them lol. I mean I don't even really need to see a trailer to Avengers 2, because I know for sure I'm watching it. 2 Trailers is more than enough, that's all I'll watch anyway.

And the fact that Iron Man has already 3 standalone movies, anything over 3 films is taking the piss. I know Batman had 4 the first time around, but we've discussed Batman & Robin so much that we all know it shouldn't have happened (but are secretly happy it did, the first 15mins or so are craptacular).

I wouldn't trust that list either. Like I said before, every character now seems to have their own spinoff film. It'll get to the point that someone will have a walk on in one film then suddenly have their own film. I'm suprised Hawkeye didn't get his own after showing up in Thor for all of 15 seconds

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

And the fact that Iron Man has already 3 standalone movies, anything over 3 films is taking the piss.

Bond has 20+ films. As long as people like the character, there's no limit to how many films they can make (except the ever increasing budgets). The fact they have made Iron Man, a B/C level character with almost no recognition to non comicbook fans, into a self funded Billion Dollar franchise shows how well Marvel have managed things.

Warner Brothers really don't fill me with confidence, they just seem to fuck everything up

• 1 month later...

Full article from Variety:

Jared Leto, Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne will make up the all-star cast of Warner Bros.’ supervillain tentpole “Suicide Squad,” it was announced on Tuesday.

Based on the DC comicbook, the story centers on the team of supervillains who are given a chance at redemption by the government. The catch: Their mission will probably kill them all.

The actors’ names had long been rumored for the high-profile movie, which opens Aug. 5, 2016, but their deals and characters hadn’t been finalized.

Here’s the official cast/character list:

Jared Leto – The Joker

Will Smith – Deadshot

Tom Hardy – Rick Flag

Margot Robbie – Harley Quinn

Jai Courtney – Boomerang

Cara Delevingne – Enchantress

“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer and produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle, will begin shooting next April in Toronto.

According to insiders, Jesse Eisenberg is also in talks to play Lex Luthor in the film, a role he will first play in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” though the status of his deal is unknown.

“The Warner Bros. roots are deep on this one,” Warner Bros. president Greg Silverman said in a statement. “We look forward to seeing this terrific ensemble, under David Ayer’s amazing guidance, give new meaning to what it means to be a villain and what it means to be a hero.”

Warners has long viewed this project as the “Ocean’s Eleven” of comicbook movies and has been looking to load up the roster with top tier talent.

Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team (similar to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe), to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s shortlist of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB’s first choice for the part.

Leto, who is making his first pic since winning the Oscar for “Dallas Buyers Club,” is repped by CAA and Untitled.

Smith can be seen next in Warner Bros.’ “Focus” which also stars Robbie. Both are reppped by CAA, with Robbie also repped by Management 360 and Aran Michael Management, and Smith repped by Overbrook Entertainment.

Hardy is currently filming “The Revenant” opposite Leonardo DiCaprio which bows next Christmas. He is repped by CAA.

The WME-repped Delevingne, an English model-turned-actress, can next be seen in Warner Bros.’ “Pan.”

Courtney appears in the upcoming “Terminator” reboot as well as Universal’s “Unbroken” and Lionsgate’s “Insurgent,” and is repped by UTA and Silver Lining Entertainment.

AGH! JAI FUCKING COURTNEY!

And Tom Hardy is going to be in a franchise reboot as a different character since first appearing? Seems odd, as fanboys will only see him as Bane the way they only see Bale as Batman.

Having said that, Chris Evans has played both Human Torch (when FF was a stand alone set of movies) and Captain America (when they went all Marvel Extended Universe), so can only assume that's what we're getting with Hardy here

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Not sure if this is slightly off topic but this is the trailer for Terminator: Genisys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc

This looks bloody awful. Terminator movies have been getting progressively worse since Terminator 2. They've nicked the idea of resetting the timeline from Star Trek, but can't resist putting in homages to the original. Arnold is now TOO OLD to be a bloody Terminator, and Jai Courtney has all the acting range of a wardrobe. Hollywood, please stop rebooting/remaking/reimagining. Make some new movies.