Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.

Bellenda Carlisle

Captain America, Hawkeye, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Iron-Man, War Machine, Vision, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Black Panther...

could they possibly wedge anymore characters into this?

Someone get this man the comic TP quick.

I think I've already got it, just never got round to actually reading it

• Paid Members

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/41851/amazon-orders-a-pilot-for-the-tick-revival

I'm gutted about this, they're bringing back the live action The Tick series but unlike previous reports they're now saying Patrick Warburton won't be involved.

I've seen a lot of superhero live action adaptations and for my money Patrick Warburton as the Tick is probably the most inspired casting out of all of them. No one could be as much like the Tick as him.

I'm really glad it's coming back though, I hope it's brilliant and I hope they find a hilarious strapping man who can pull off the Tick.

Spidey looks fantastic, luckily caught the trailer before my facebook filled up with OMG SPIDERMAN comments so it was a total surprise.

Luckyyyy! I would love to have been surprised like that.

I still don't think it looks half as good as Batman V Superman but it's definitely picked up now I've seen Spidey. Just him being there in his suit makes it look much funner which is something it needs because all the characters in it are the boring looking ones.

Whats the crack with Fantastic Four? Shouldn't they be in this film? Or is it legal mumbo jumbo stopping that from happening?

Civil War (and Avengers, Guardians, AntMan etc.) is a Marvel Studios film.

Fantastic Four belong to 20th Century Fox (along with X-Men).

Yep, and Fox cannot make a "good" Fantastic Four film to save their lives either. Hoping it goes back to Marvel.

X-men has been a bit up and down. X-men 1 + 2, The Wolverine, first class + DOFP, all are good, whilst the others.... not so much. Apocalypse looks to be fairly decent, and despite the apparent backlash, i actually really liked X-men 3 hah.

The thumbnail for the trailer on YouTube was spider man, so it took away any surprise

Marvel's own link to it was on facebook, I was just lucky to look at my feed 5 minutes after they posted it. They used the opening shot as the graphic too. Proper fanboy moment, and he immediately looks like part of that universe.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/41851/amazon-orders-a-pilot-for-the-tick-revival

I'm gutted about this, they're bringing back the live action The Tick series but unlike previous reports they're now saying Patrick Warburton won't be involved.

I've seen a lot of superhero live action adaptations and for my money Patrick Warburton as the Tick is probably the most inspired casting out of all of them. No one could be as much like the Tick as him.

I'm really glad it's coming back though, I hope it's brilliant and I hope they find a hilarious strapping man who can pull off the Tick.

Warburton is perfect, but he's also 51 and now too old for the role sadly. I'm hoping there's a younger clone of him out there somewhere.

• Paid Members

I had no idea Patrick Warburton was that old, I guess it makes sense, he was in Seinfeld and that was ages ago.

There's so much more the Tick can joke about now, all the big superhero movies came out since the Tick aired, there's going to be loads of opportunity for satire. I just hope the guy they cast does it justice because no one's beating Patrick Warburton.

Apparently Warburton is still involved as a producer or something so fingers crossed that he turns up as a crazy old superhero or something, the guy is a living cartoon character.

• Paid Members

X-men has been a bit up and down. X-men 1 + 2, The Wolverine, first class + DOFP, all are good, whilst the others.... not so much. Apocalypse looks to be fairly decent, and despite the apparent backlash, i actually really liked X-men 3 hah.

Up and down? From what you're saying the only dud is wolverine origins? I would say fox have been superb with the x men movies.

Eh, Its down to perception. I like X-men three, but I know a ton of people that don't, I also really like "The Wolverine" yet a few people i know say its "OK" at best.

So that's Origins,X-Men 3 and The wolverine, with 1,2 and First class being fairly good. A few people are now going back and stating X-men 1 isn't that good, in retrospect, but I still like it.

DOFP tipped the scale in terms of there being more good/great movies than not, but again its down to personal perception. For me, Origins has been the only dud in the series, but I'm frequently told I'm incorrect hah.

X-men 1 I really liked at the time, 2 not so much.  Interestingly 2 has grown on me a lot and I now much prefer it to 1.

X3 was awful, and I can take or leave The Wolverine, but I quite liked Origins and all the new ones are really good. I was really looking forward to Apocalypse and the Gambit stand alone but this Civil War trailer has distracted me from the world of X-men until at least May