Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly or any of the other Fox News nuts.

Steveo2007

I have to admit I find Beck entertaining, even if I find him to be an horrendous human being and the typical Conservative religious nut that you become familiar with when thinking about America. Have to admit I would love to see a UK version of Fox News with the type of broadcasting freedoms that are allowed in the US.

What are your thoughts on the Fox News bunch?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand all the hostility towards Fox News. At the end of the day, they present the news in a format that people like to watch. Why can't the likes of CNN and the BBC do the same?

Because it's bigoted, biased to a point of outright stupidity, and purposely misrepresents and ignores information readily?

People tend to dislike these things. :thumbsup:

• Awards Moderator
Cunts.

This x 1,000,000 or whatever number is applicable.

Beck is a despicable waste of air.

Agreed. I find it quite distressing how many people believe their drivel. The Becks, Palins, Hannitys etc make Bill O'Reilly look reasonable, and he's a teat.

I fear for the future of the world with these people in a position of such power.

Don't see hardly any Fox News these days, but it's like car crash telly for me. I can't stand the right-wing fuckers, but find them compelling, almost hypnotic viewing.

Better Bill O'Reilly than the blandies on GMTV who have never had an independent thought cross their pea-brains. Don't want to slag off BBC News though: they give us cock candy like Emily Maitlis, Susanna Reid and that Naga Munchetty, who will certainly become the fittest bird in the country when she gets rid of that lesbo haircut of hers.

Cunts.

Agreed. I find it quite distressing how many people believe their drivel. The Becks, Palins, Hannitys etc make Bill O'Reilly look reasonable, and he's a teat.

I fear for the future of the world with these people in a position of such power.

Do you get the feeling the people calling for more of these idiots under the guise of "hypnotic, don't like but crash TV" etc are the ones who watch it with the most vigour of the lot. Like a white supremacist who chimes in with "But they all tend to.... from experience" when talking about black people. But they lack the testicles to admit to loving it, or agreeing.

Cunts.

Do you get the feeling the people calling for more of these idiots under the guise of "hypnotic, don't like but crash TV" etc are the ones who watch it with the most vigour of the lot. Like a white supremacist who chimes in with "But they all tend to.... from experience" when talking about black people. But they lack the testicles to admit to loving it, or agreeing.

Like I say, I rarely see it these days, not having Sky.

I do find it enthralling stuff, and can honestly say I hate nearly all the rancid opinions and comments they make. But it's entertaining. I've found Jerry Springer episodes enjoyable, doesn't mean I'm secretly wanting a threesome with a midget in a nappy and my gran, though.

There's some nice totty on US news channels, too. Something for everyone to appreciate, and if you're that angered by Fox, just don't watch that channel.

• Paid Members
Have to admit I would love to see a UK version of Fox News with the type of broadcasting freedoms that are allowed in the US.

:cry: Sky News, Itv news and the tabloids are enough hateful bullshit for me.

Its funny to see the odd whacky Fox News video, but then that enjoyment dissappears when I remember that there are a large portion of the viewers that actually believe what they are saying. Despite it often being totally bullshit and easily verified as bullshit with a quick google search.

They are like Psychics. They are completely full of shit but will talk bollocks over and over because they know a certain group of people will believe them and give them money. Actually they are worse than Psychics because they dont make some people feel better by telling them thier dead dog is happy in heaven. They just spread fear and hate which cant be laughed off by some people. They believe it!

Not a big fan.

I second Lister's recommendation. Also shows what a douche O'Reilly is.

Fox News is a horribly biased outlet for Murdoch's right-wing drivel which is what makes the increasing involvement of NewsCorp in UK media (the Sky takeover of Virgin etc) even more worrying. I, for one, will continue to boycott Sky. Unless ESPN loses UFC rights of course. I jest.

Archived