Shoot interviews

IANdrewDiceClay

Really looking-forward to the Bret Hart 92 Timeline - one of my favorite years...I'm guessing it is for a fair few folks here, so should be a good one!
Out of all of the shoots i've seen I think Godfather probably seems like the nicest bloke.  Was refreshing to see a shoot by someone who wasn't just bitter about the business.

Ray Lloyd aka Glacier in WCW would be right up there amongst the nicest blokes in wrestling for me. Just recently watched his shoot and I couldn't get over how ridiculously nice he was. Just a top bloke. Really intelligent also.

Edited by Flangedango

Roddy Piper talks about Simon Dean and locker roo…: http://youtu.be/hCit22Z2hPE

I've recently watched the Nova RF shoot and he talks about his disgust of the bullying towards other talent, but doesn't mention anything about this (understandably).

The sanctimonious way in which Piper tells this story makes me hate him. Fuckin prick, getting off on a young wrestler getting bullied by a locker room of wrestlers, sad c***.

The Piper Timeline is the only Timeline I've never watched all the way through to the end.... I don't know whether its the lack of editing, or the hosts inability to keep the conversation on-track but it just turns into piper rambling about unrelated incidents and storys he has told several times before.  Could have been such a great Interview if it just stayed relevent to the topics.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the Bret one TBH, yeah he self promotes himself, but that is expected, and in a lot of cases, true IMO.

The Cornette and Nash ones are still the standard and are still difficult to match or beat.

Edited by zep81

Watched the Bret Hart one, and Bret goes into a lot of detail as you could imagine making it a great watch. 

On the subject of the above Nova interview, I enjoyed it a lot also. So much I watched his old 2001 again, it's quite funny to see how his opinions have changed / no longer feels a need to tow a line. For instance he says Taz helped him more than anybody else in the 2001, speaking of him very highly. Forward wind to 2014 and he speaks about Taz like he is a bit of a chump. 

• Paid Members

Bret timeline is really good. I think it's great to see Bret so happy and healthy as an aside.

There are a couple of roll your eyes moments. He describes himself as "As close to a ten out if ten wrestler as you'll get" though he's realistic on his other abilities recognising that as a promo guy he was a 6 or 7 out of 10 at his best, which was in 1997 when he had something to get his teeth into.

He thinks the SummerSlam 92 natch is one of the best ever but I guess some fans probably do too so maybe excusable.

He goes OTT in his popularity in Europe though. He uses the phrase "beatlemania". I'm not sure I buy it.

He's good on a lot of topics though. He talked about Vince doing the Nacho man / Huckster stuff while referring to Backlund's return in 92 which was the only time he really got his facts wrong.

Most interesting bit for me was when he said he was going to beat Warrior with the sharpshooter clean at Royal Rumble 1993. That would have been a spectacle. It's a wet dream for a mark for both guys.

• Paid Members

He really got it wrong with Jake and Undertaker. Jake done a clean job and Undertaker no sold the DDT (the first ever to do so) and left for WCW as planned, but Bret said Jake took a count out loss and got fired for springing it on Taker halfway through the match.

Liked his burial of George Steele. Always hated him. Just reminded me of an old twat who would only be happy if someone else was miserable. Saying that, only in wrestling can someone be championed when describing a story of a bunch of wrestlers throwing someones briefcase with his colostomy bags in it out of a car window.

Bret's totally pinning his hopes on the idea the Warrior would have tapped out to the Sharpshooter. If Hogan didnt want to do a job for Bret, there's no way Warrior was losing. Just the image I'm having a hard time imagining. Warrior submitting just doesn't sound like a possible thing at all.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Bret's been telling that Warrior story for a decade, he must be the only person in the world that believes it was ever going to happen. If him and Warrior had been booked at Rumble '93, either Jim was going home with the belt or they were doing a shitty double count-out.