Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Well that was quite the capitulation. And if they can't take the heat at home, god knows what they're going to be like at Ibrox.

Rangers get a harder time from the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen these days than they do from our toothless lot.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Whot the fuck cares how we won? We won. Do you think they would have gave a fuck if they won from a dodgy penelty?

No matter which team you support - This ^

Fair enough have a moan if you have been cheated but the simple truth is win at all costs.

That isn't how they won though. Celtic were looking pretty poor and Rangers were already up 2-1. I dare say I'd have taken three points up at Cowdenbeath yesterday from a dive and lived with it.

Agreed at 2-1 Celtic were struggling but the penalty completely killed them off.

Whot the fuck cares how we won? We won. Do you think they would have gave a fuck if they won from a dodgy penelty?

Of course not. It's just frustrating knowing that for the next three months all we'll hear is "waah not a penalty". Besides, get off my case - we support the same team for fuck's sake!

Just back from the game. Absolutely sickened but that's football. It was never a penalty (I've already seen the replay on a Celtic forum - the wonders of technology) and I do think Willie Collum's first big bottled decision was to leave McCulloch on the park when he brought Samaras down, but other than that, we can have no complaints.

Beaten by a hungrier, more organised side and Rangers seemed to win every 50/50 going. Still, it never gets any easier, and I'll be hiding in my hole for sure tonight.

Just back from the game. Absolutely sickened but that's football. It was never a penalty (I've already seen the replay on a Celtic forum - the wonders of technology) and I do think Willie Collum's first big bottled decision was to leave McCulloch on the park when he brought Samaras down, but other than that, we can have no complaints.

I'd say that the first one was actually Stokes' studs showing lunge in about a minute. He was probably lucky it was so early in the game.

If Stokes tackle was in the 60th minute he would have been off. Samaras should have been off for his tackle on Naismith aswell.

Bang on. To claim McCulloch should've been off when both Stokes and definitely Samaras could've gone is laughable.

My initial instinct when I saw the Samaras one was that it was worthy of a red card, so I'm not going to disagree with you there.

The Stokes one was so early in the game that the ref was never going to brandish a red card - I haven't seen this one again, but from the sounds of things it was pretty bad.

It isn't laughable, however, to assert that McCulloch should have been off - he flew in for his booking with studs showing, and it was very much worthy of a yellow. Samaras was away and he was miles in front of McCulloch, only to be pulled down. That's a definite second yellow.

• Paid Members
If Stokes tackle was in the 60th minute he would have been off. Samaras should have been off for his tackle on Naismith aswell.

Bang on. To claim McCulloch should've been off when both Stokes and definitely Samaras could've gone is laughable.

McCulloch should have been sent off. That was a yellow card all day long. Regardless of any other decision. Samaras should have been booked for his tackle but it wasn't particularly rash so never anything more than that. I missed the first 10 mins so didn't see whatever got McCulloch and Stokes booked.

Stokes fouled Papac in the first minute with a seriously bad tackle. If he'd done that on 60mins he'd have been straight off. Samaras had two late challenges that were piss poor, so if McCulloch was going off then Samaras would've also had to go. Dodgy penalties aside, Collum did well to let the game run rather than booking and red carding all over the place.

As for the challenge itself, he got the ball on one of them and Samaras pushed himself across so that he had no way of not bringing him down. The challenge was quick and rash, and initially I thought he'd flown into it with malice rather than intent to play, but he got the ball.

Absolutely over the moon with that result. I thought we were excellent in the second half, and definitely deserved the win. First time I've been confident before an OF for a long time to be honest, dunno why but I knew we'd win today.

Annoyed I got hit with a bit of a pizza for the first goal and Bovril split on me at the second though!

Oh and whoever mentioned Samaras, I can't stand him. There's something about that bearded knob that gets on my nerves.

Rangers deserved to win. Disappointed with Fraser Forster, he didn't even make an attempt to save the second after he had fucked it up initially with his punt out. As for the penalty, never mind the diving.. how the fuck did the referee see it?

s5dzeg.jpg

Do feel a bit aggrieved as it's a different game if it stays 2-1 but none the less, we didn't deserve to win the way it went.

• Paid Members

Delighted with that result. Especially after going in 1-0 down at half time.

Celtic were terrible in the second half. Losing Papac should've been a major blow to us, since we've no real cover at Left Back. Broadfoot wasn't tested defensively AT ALL though. Bougherra and Weir were quite shaky at times but Loovens and Majstorovic just fell apart. One scored an own goal and the other might as well have since he gifted it to Miller.

It's quite mind-boggling that, after all the players Celtic have got rid of in the last few seasons, they've kept a hold of Samaras. He looked decent in his first six months but he's been a complete donkey ever since.

I couldn't care less about the Referee's decisions. It's funny to see Lennon bitching about it though.

Archived