Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Anyone remember Evander Sno?

474074_mediumsquare.jpg

Ryan Babel has tweeted that he has been taken to hospital after a heart attack while playing for Ajax Reserves. 23 years old.

More Here

Basically in a stable condition in hospital

Get well soon Evander.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Would Rangers have qualified for the Champions League last year against Dinamo Moscow and Arsenal?

They might have put out Dinamo Moscow, but no chance with the Arsenal.

Would Rangers have qualified for the Champions League this year against Braga and Sevilla?

I don't think they would have even got past Braga.

We'll never know. Anything can happen in football.

I was pleased with tonight's performance but was very confused by two decisions: one, the decision to keep Naismith on for the entire game when surely putting Weiss on for 20mins to just run into the corner would've given us at least a slight chance of a counterattack, and two, exactly why Lafferty was put on to play up front instead of Beattie when Laugh clearly cannot play as a lone striker.

Nevertheless, very glad with the result. Fergie fielded a weak team and paid a price, and whilst nobody would suggest that Rangers were ever really threatening to win, I don't think Utd even had a real scoring chance inside the box.

A pair of leading questions fuelled by a bit of jealously and spurred on by a discussion at work.

Would Rangers have qualified for the Champions League last year against Dinamo Moscow and Arsenal?

Would Rangers have qualified for the Champions League this year against Braga and Sevilla?

No. But it's irrelevent because we didn't need to qualify.

Last night was very much a point gained that Rangers would never have expected.

Although United fielded a weakened side, you can only play the team in front of you so well done to Walter for getting a result that not many teams will get at Old Trafford.

Well done to Rangers. While I will laugh if you get humped at any point, Scottish football badly need you to do well in the tournament or it's looked likely the Old Firm won't get into the Champions League again unless through sheer luck.

Fair play to Rangers and Smith; he had his tactics spot on and the game plan worked whatever people may think of it, Edu and Naismith in particular put in a great shift.

No doubt we'll do the same when we go to Ibrox next Tuesday only problem being if/when the first goal goes in the tactic is blown out of the water and you can end up on the end of a four or five goal hammering. That being said if we can get enough of the ball to Cardle and Gibson i'd fancy them to give Broadfoot and Papac a tough game.

Financial backer Calum Melville has tendered his resignation from Dundee Football Club.

The club have not yet accepted his departure and will hold talks on Monday evening to decide their next move.

"Dundee Football Club can confirm that Calum Melville has offered his resignation as director of Dundee Football Club," said a club statement.

"This will be discussed at a board meeting and, until then, no further comment will be made."

Dundee last month announced that Bob Brannan was standing down as chairman but stressed that he would be continuing on the board.

And Aberdeen-based businessman Melville publicly re-stated his financial commitment to the club.

He said that, although it would not be on the same scale as the

I think they relised they've fucked up big time. Blew massive amounts of money (For a club outside the Old Firm in the SPL, never mind the 1st division) on trying to get to the SPL and ultimatley failed 2 seasons on the trot.

I can see them going down before they come up, just look at Thistle.

• Paid Members
I can see them going down before they come up, just look at Thistle.

Yeah, just noticed that the Jags were bottom of the First Division. They had spent reasonably well the last few years and they have a seemingly competent manager. How did the Jags get into that mess? Bizarre.

Ex-Ranger, Craig Moore is in a Dubai jail for arguing about an

Archived