Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

There wouldn't be any Rangers or Celtic fans though. Just Glasgow FC fans. If they want to fight amongst themselves, let them do it and prosecute them appropiately. I don't think it'd happen for that long before people just gave up and put it in the past.
Seriously?

Do you even believe half the shite you type?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Don't let people in wearing Rangers and Celtic colors. They don't let people wearing Celtic kits into Ibrox or Rangers kits into Parkhead at present. So it's no different.

There wouldn't be any Rangers or Celtic fans though. Just Glasgow FC fans. If they want to fight amongst themselves, let them do it and prosecute them appropiately. I don't think it'd happen for that long before people just gave up and put it in the past.

:laugh: You have no clue mate. I never said kits I said colours for a start, If you think that over night people up here would just forget about Rangers and Celtic your a fool. If you put the clubs together you would still have people wearing the strips everywhere in Scotland. For example I went to a game my mate played in the other week Blantyre Celtic vs Blantyre Utd. It was just 2 Sunday league teams in a semi final of a cup game. Half the ground was wearing Celtic strips the other wearing Rangers strips despite it not even having nothing to do with Celtic or Rangers, It will take allot more then merging the clubs to get fans to just get along and make them play happy familys up here. Like I said they would just move to another club.

The fact you think people will just give up and put it in the past is just fucking stupid.

The Celtic and Hearts fans were supporting rival clubs.

Like Celtic and Rangers... :laugh:

Sentencing is certainly a lot harsher for people fighting in a football ground than fighting in the street.

But you think thats right? It should be harsh for no matter where the fight is thats the point. Also what happens before and after the game you expect there fans just to get along out the blue and be fine outside the ground?

I'm sorry but you just seem like your trolling, you have no grasp what your talking about and sound very ignorant, I'm going to take the high road and not respond to you in this thread unless you have a point worth discussing, not this shit your coming out with.

Happs idea is the equivalent to abolishing Israel and Gaza etc, renaming it Pingu Land or something equally neutral and putting a Buddhist in charge and see if the violence stops, for the record, I think its worth trying. I just hate it when people take religion way too seriously.

So Happ, how do you propose that the Government force two publically traded companies to merge and justify the loss of hundreds of jobs in, near and around both Celtic Park and Ibrox? Additionally, what would you do with Queen's Park, who play at Hampden right now? Move them somewhere because they don't matter?

It's like saying if people are starving in Africa, why don't they just move? It's not as simple as that. Your theories are somewhat ha... ahhh...

Queen's Park can groundshare with Glasgow FC, play there on alternate weeks.

The government can justify it by pointing to all the problems that the Old Firm clubs cause. The new club would take on a lot of the staff, the others would just have to look for new jobs.

Queen's Park can groundshare with Glasgow FC, play there on alternate weeks.

The government can justify it by pointing to all the problems that the Old Firm clubs cause. The new club would take on a lot of the staff, the others would just have to look for new jobs.

I would love to see you being made redundant and when asking for a reason, you get 'The company's gone, so you just have to look for a new job'. Phenomenal.

And there are already staff employed at Hampden, so the stadium staff at two football grounds would lose their jobs. Additionally, several pubs, merchandise sellers, shop owners and catering services would lose business altogether, as well as the already shakey transport services being ruined.

What do you do with two unusued 50,000+ stadia then? And what would you say to, for example, Craig Whyte, who has just spent

Don't let people in wearing Rangers and Celtic colors. They don't let people wearing Celtic kits into Ibrox or Rangers kits into Parkhead at present. So it's no different.

:laugh: You have no clue mate. I never said kits I said colours for a start, If you think that over night people up here would just forget about Rangers and Celtic your a fool. If you put the clubs together you would still have people wearing the strips everywhere in Scotland. For example I went to a game my mate played in the other week Blantyre Celtic vs Blantyre Utd. It was just 2 Sunday league teams in a semi final of a cup game. Half the ground was wearing Celtic strips the other wearing Rangers strips despite it not even having nothing to do with Celtic or Rangers, It will take allot more then merging the clubs to get fans to just get along and make them play happy familys up here. Like I said they would just move to another club.

The fact you think people will just give up and put it in the past is just fucking stupid.

Didn't realise Blantyre Celtic had reformed, surely they haven't rebuilt the old ground?

Blantyre is pretty much a cesspit with or without Sectarianism to be honest though.

As a neutral in this kind of situation, I honestly would like to see Celtic, as a club, pull out of Scottish football altogether.

What would happen then? We'd see Rangers and the other clubs suddenly get a lot more interested in making sure this kind of shit doesn't happen, wouldn't we?

IMO the Scottish Parliament should force Rangers and Celtic to merge and become Glasgow FC. They can play at Hampden Park. Play in a kit containing neither Green or Blue. If necessary do the same with Hearts and Hibs as well, Edinburgh FC, play at Murrayfield.

If you think it's such a good idea nobody's stopping you from forming such a side.

• Paid Members
Strange how the Hearts fans didn't care this much when their team was rolling over and getting their bellies tickled at Ibrox on Saturday?!

Diet H*ns indeed.

Was really hoping this was gonna be ironic but seems not. Never mind the fact they had what 9 players out on Saturday and were all over us for long periods.

And don't use that word no matter if you star out a letter in it, that pish was meant to have stopped in here so keep your bitter little bigot shite out.

And how do you know it wasn't ironic?

Of course I have a long history of making racist, sectarian posts in here do I? :rolleyes:

As a neutral in this kind of situation, I honestly would like to see Celtic, as a club, pull out of Scottish football altogether.

What would happen then? We'd see Rangers and the other clubs suddenly get a lot more interested in making sure this kind of shit doesn't happen, wouldn't we?

It happened at Tynecastle. A fan came from the Hearts end. Unless there is some sort of proven link, this has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers. So why did you mention us by name?

And do you seriously think that's a good idea? Where do you suggest Celtic play if they're withdrawing from the SPL?

Archived