Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Surely they were on a contract. Possibly a rolling one which had the clauses that they could leave for nothing and could be punted for nothing.

If Motherwell had failed to state that they give up all bonuses due to them due to taking out the clause to leave, then more fool them!

I just can't see there being no written agreement between an employer and it's employees.

Surely they were on a contract. Possibly a rolling one which had the clauses that they could leave for nothing and could be punted for nothing.

If Motherwell had failed to state that they give up all bonuses due to them due to taking out the clause to leave, then more fool them!

I just can't see there being no written agreement between an employer and it's employees.

Nope, they were on nothing more than a handshake agreement. You can't claim not to have a contract to get out of employment, then come back asking for "agreed bonuses". It doesn't work both ways.

• Paid Members

Well from what I was aware of they had an agreement that they could leave without compo and that they could be sacked without compo.

If they had no contract, that is leaving them really open for being mistreated by their "employers".

This is such a tremendous quote from Daryl Murphy on so many levels -

"I wasn't in a position to say whether it was a penalty or not, but it looked like one from where I was"

:laugh:

• Paid Members
Very interesting statement released by the Independent Board Committee of Rangers tonight.

Martin Bain and Alistair Johnston, in particular, don't trust the intentions of Craig Whyte.

Fancy posting a link?

Sorry, should probably have included that in the original post!

'IBC' statement

Thanks.

I was hoping they had released something with a bit more meat. It's a tad vague (essentially what is making them suspicious). I guess we'll find out in a few months what Craig Whyte has in mind.

I think it's safe to say that Whyte isn't what a lot of Rangers fans think he is - a man striding in to bankroll the club, save it and make it a force once again. However, if he is as much of a venture capitalist as it seems, then he at least has to make the business successful again, so frankly I'm just pleased about that. I won't lie and pretend that I'm happy that this is the way things have turned out, but the club was mired in so much uncertainty that I'm glad we know who owns it (for the time being at least). It's also worth pointing out how much the club owes to David Murray, who lost millions at Rangers but brought us some great success.

Wonder what Dave King makes of all of this.

Archived