Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think if we're getting anyone from Pittodrie, it's Foster. I was nailed on certain that he would return to the Dons at the end of the season until Bougherra said he's off and Weir basically confirmed his retirement, so I think Ally will go after him due to us losing three of our four first choice defenders in summer (Papac still hasn't signed his new contract) and I think Foster will want to stay, perhaps making him more worth the money to Aberdeen.

McCoist has told Foster he wants him there next year. Aberdeen are looking for over

• Paid Members

Looks like the Rangers take over will be done in the next 48 hours and will leave them debt free. Also sounds like they might have some transfer money at the end of the year aprox

Even if we do get a reasonable transfer kitty, I'd be happy with us sticking to mainly Bosmans and other small deals. Just because we have the money doesn't mean we should go splashing it. That said, I am worried that if Nottingham Forest don't go up, Boyd is on his way back - then again, I'd rather have him than Diouf.

• Paid Members
Even if we do get a reasonable transfer kitty, I'd be happy with us sticking to mainly Bosmans and other small deals. Just because we have the money doesn't mean we should go splashing it. That said, I am worried that if Nottingham Forest don't go up, Boyd is on his way back - then again, I'd rather have him than Diouf.

Why wouldn't you want Boyd back? He's always been fantastic in this league. I'd happily take him at Celtic if Glasgow wouldn't be burned to the ground overnight.

Archived