Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't agree with the posts saying that Neil Lennon "should" leave Celtic for the sake of his family. It is their decision to make, pure and simple.

When you're working in a job which puts your family in danger you should leave that job for your families sake, especially when you've previously earned a shitload of cash as a footballer.

Can't agree with the posts saying that Neil Lennon "should" leave Celtic for the sake of his family. It is their decision to make, pure and simple.

When you're working in a job which puts your family in danger you should leave that job for your families sake, especially when you've previously earned a shitload of cash as a footballer.

That's for Neil and his family to decide.

It seems to have gone beyond Neil Lennon and his aggressive style of play or his touchline antics or whatever now, though. Reports tomorrow that Cardinal Keith O'Brien has received live bullets in the post.

This can no longer be passed off as Neil Lennon being targetted for his actions on a football field.

Again, I ask what do people expect the authorities to do that they aren't currently doing?

Much like other forms of terrorism, it's practically impossible to detect who's behind it. All they can do is hope to prevent it.

Whilst I agree that this isn't just about Lennon anymore, you have to ask why he would be prepared to remain in this position when he really doesn't have to? I know that some people will see him as a champion of the cause, refusing to back down and all that shite, but those same people won't have to live with any possible results of one of these things slipping through the net.

Any man with sense would consider the safety & wellbeing of his family to be his number one priority, which means getting as far away from all of this shite as he possibly can.

Again, I ask what do people expect the authorities to do that they aren't currently doing?

Much like other forms of terrorism, it's practically impossible to detect who's behind it. All they can do is hope to prevent it.

They know what post box it came from. There is CCTV everywhere these days. Surely that's a start? I refuse to believe that before today this was being dealt with to the same level of severity as if a radical Islamic terrorist had taken similar actions against people of a similar stature in England.

They know what post box it came from. There is CCTV everywhere these days. Surely that's a start? I refuse to believe that before today this was being dealt with to the same level of severity as if a radical Islamic terrorist had taken similar actions against people of a similar stature in England.

I like your attitude towards this. A lot of Rangers fans I know could learn from yourself.

Hey, I want you to lose the league and I really don't like Lennon, but sending bombs to people is flat out terrorism, plain and simple. I think a lot of Rangers fans who deride the stupider contingent at Parkhead for supporting the IRA might want to consider the similarities here.

And the proof it is Rangers fans is where exactly? If you have kept your eye on Northern Irish news this last couple of weeks you would have relised that dissident Republicans are doing their upmost to ruin the peace process. The last fortnight they killed a young Policeman in Omagh (who was a Catholic), there was a massive bomb found in Newry destined for either Belfast or Omagh and Monday night a booby trapped device that luckily didn't go off was left in South Belfast. I'm saying until it's proven who the letters came from let's not second guess it.

And the proof it is Rangers fans is where exactly? If you have kept your eye on Northern Irish news this last couple of weeks you would have relised that dissident Republicans are doing their upmost to ruin the peace process. The last fortnight they killed a young Policeman in Omagh (who was a Catholic), there was a massive bomb found in Newry destined for either Belfast or Omagh and Monday night a booby trapped device that luckily didn't go off was left in South Belfast. I'm saying until it's proven who the letters came from let's not second guess it.

I think it would not be too much of a leap to say it is in all probability a Rangers fan (singular), and to call him a fan is probably not the right word.

Neil Lennon, Paul McBride, Trish Godman and now Cardinal O'Brien have nothing to do with what's going on in Northern Ireland.

• Paid Members

Aberdeen have signed a kit deal directly with Adidas. No more secondary suppliers for us!

0,,10284~9604376,00.jpg

Aberdeen Sign Long Term Kit Partnership with adidas

Aberdeen Football Club is delighted to announce the exciting news that adidas will be the Club's new kit supplier from this summer.

The partnership will give adidas exclusive rights to provide both the team playing and training kit, which will only be available to purchase via the Club retail store at Pittodrie Stadium and online at www.afc.co.uk. The Club will now also be taking control of all retail operations.

The new kits and training wear will feature adidas ClimaCool

There's no direct proof (that we know of) that this has anything directly to do with a Rangers fan. However, it's pretty insane to think this would be the work of dissident Republicans. They bombed a "traitor" who worked for PSNI. They're hardly going to attack Neil Lennon who's known to be on "their side", nor the lawyer who defended him against the "other side." And Trish Godman and Cardinal O'Brien are not even connected to the issue. I would be incredibly surprised if this is connected to anyone other than a Rangers/Protestant/Loyalist nutjob.

Yes, because that's more important than his and his family's safety.

Yeah, but why should he have to quit a job he loves because of what is very probably a single loony?

He shouldn't have to, but there are likely to be dozens of like-minded 'loonys' out there who only differ from these animals in that they don't have the know-how to make explosive devices, are too worried they'll get caught, or simply just haven't got round to trying something similar yet. Not to mention the 'hang him high' brigade, thousands strong, who created this environment in the first place, stoking the flames with their despicable hate campaigns. Let's be under no illusion here, if this fiend was 'successful' in any of his plots, he would have no shortage of support in certain quarters. The sentiment is there in an awful lot of people, as you know only too well. As long as an uncompromising, uppity Catholic Irishman is managing a competitive Celtic FC, it will always be too much for some to take.

Things have moved up a notch from the graffiti, hoaxes and internet bile; they aren't merely trying to hound him out and unsettle him any more - they want to kill him. With the situation now, he wouldn't be accommodating psychopaths by leaving his job, the only way he'd be doing that is by dying. If Lenny walks away and lives a normal life with his family where he doesn't have to look over his shoulder every minute of the day, he wins. As much as I like him and am desperate for him to stay for selfish reasons, it may be the case that he'll be left with little option but to move to pastures new if he wants to retain any kind of quality of life for himself and his family. If he stays, this carry-on would inevitably continue every season when Celtic put up a challenge to Rangers, and no man should have to live like that. An utterly damning indictment on certain groups for sure, but that

Archived