Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know who I feel sorry for? The Rangers fans. If these bombs had gone off, they could have claimed The Billy Boys was historical reportage and therefore totally acceptable.

I liked Henry McLeish saying that it was bad because "you know the other side will respond in kind." Aye, Henry. Tell that to the security guys at Wattie's house, or the squaddie who checks Super Ally's mail.

I love reading Celtic forums and looking at the paranoia over tonights result VS Dundee Utd.

Makes for hilarious and downright laughable reading.

Yes, that paranoia that is oh so important. Not one person gives a shit now, their has been an attempted murder on our manager.

Fuck the league title, I hope Neil resigns.

I hope Lennon doesn't resign and that the police do their job properly and start putting some proper effort into finding out who's trying to kill football managers, lawyers and MSPs. If this was an Islamic terrorist attempt they'd be all over it, why is it any less for this?

• Paid Members

As sad as it is it might be best for Neil and for his family to just go at the end of the season. I know he's a pittbull and won't go without a fight but this type of thing is just too risky for a man with a young family to think of. He should head to the continent and get away from all this shite.

Yes, because that's more important than his and his family's safety.

Yeah, but why should he have to quit a job he loves because of what is very probably a single loony? I mean, he'll still have to put up with general abuse and bullshit, but he can handle that. I just think that if he walks away, that becomes the solution. People already say he brings it on himself. If he walks away, they win on every level. If he needs the same level of security that the PM and the queen get, he should get it. He absolutely should not have to change a damn thing about the way he lives his life in order to accommodate psychopaths.

• Paid Members

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-...r-201104203738/

SCOTTISH football's premier league is to award three points for a successful bombing campaign.

From next season teams will be encouraged to pick off each other's players and management with sniper rifles, land mines and grenades.

A league spokesman said: "For years Rangers and Celtic fans have put in a huge amount of effort to ensure that insane violence remains a vital and thriving element at the heart of the Scottish game.

"By trying to kill Celtic manager Neil Lennon with a parcel bomb Rangers' boisterous fans are sending us a message that they now want the league to take the next logical step."

He added: "Scottish football has never really been about football, as anyone who has seen one of the matches would almost certainly agree.

"It's about a clash of twisted ideologies fuelled by delicious, high-strength alcohol and an education system that sensibly divides children into Catholics and Protestants as soon as they can spell the word 'hate'."

The move has been welcomed by other clubs who say that competitive murder could finally end the domination of Rangers and Celtic.

A spokesman for Dundee United said: "They will be able to afford bigger bombs and guns and bring in expensive foreign assassins who want the chance to kill people in Europe, but we will focus on guerilla tactics and the element of surprise.

"I see us very much as the Viet Cong of the Scottish premier league."

Archived