Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I won't harp on too much about the actual content of the show :D ....but did anyone happen to catch STV's "Football Years" on Friday night?

The "Sacked by every paper he's worked for" journalist Graham Spiers watched it and tweeted the following.....

Graham Spiers

Barring Bett, Cooper and Russell, I'd forgotten how shite that 82-83 Rangers team was. To think I faithfully traipsed after this dross..

That'll be why Ally and his mob hate him so much. Admitting that Rangers were shite and two men and a dog used to turn up to home games during the early 1980's is a part of Scottish football history that has been conveniently forgotten...

Shameful, embarrasing stuff with the banana getting thrown at the Brazil player. To quote a better man than me:

"you are now entering Scottish football, please set your watch back 30 years"

And to quote police match commander Mark Sheeran: "The Scottish fans' behaviour was first class. There were no issues at all inside the stadium."

Say what you like about club fans but the Tartan Army are always well-behaved, so feel free to stuff your generalisation. We don't even know if it was a Scotsman who threw it since the stadium wasn't fully segregated.

• Paid Members
Shameful, embarrasing stuff with the banana getting thrown at the Brazil player. To quote a better man than me:

"you are now entering Scottish football, please set your watch back 30 years"

I'm told the banana was thrown from where the Brazil fans were, not the Scottish ones. Is that not true?

well they're saying that brazil fans and scotland fans had there own sections, however during the match you could quite cllearly see scotland and brazil fans in the same section.

anyways the person that tossed it was none other than bbc radio host chiquita young

The clock end of the ground was the only exclusive Scots fans only area of the ground- that was the allocated section of the Scotland Supporters Club- the rest of the tickets were public sale and so the rest of the entire stadium was mixed.

I assume the incident happened up at the opposite end of the ground where Neymar scored his penalty, which was definitely all mixed.

• Paid Members

An incident like this is certainly out of character for the Tartan Army. Fair enough, they'll piss in your fountains, drink your town dry and leave a whore of a mess, but I've never heard of them giving racist abuse to a player.

From the reports I'm hearing Neymar is confusing boos for being a play acting pony (his hair highlights this) for boos because he's black. He maybe doesn't get that the British don't appreciate such overacting?!

The banana incident has yet to be confirmed by anybody other than Neymar. Given he's a footballer, I wouldn't take his word. This may be him trying to get Scotland in shit for daring to boo his immense skills and Red Rum-like barnett.

The clock end of the ground was the only exclusive Scots fans only area of the ground- that was the allocated section of the Scotland Supporters Club- the rest of the tickets were public sale and so the rest of the entire stadium was mixed.

I assume the incident happened up at the opposite end of the ground where Neymar scored his penalty, which was definitely all mixed.

It was that and the West Stand; myself and my Dad were not far away from the tunnel and we bought through the SSC.

Scottish football fans have insisted their bigotry begins and ends with the precise manner in which someone worships Christ.

Brazil's Neymar was subjected to prolonged booing during Scotland's traditional arse-handing but it is believed this was due to confusion over which church he attends.

A Scottish FA spokesman said: "The protestants thought he was Papist scum while the Catholics were unsure about his commitment to achieving a united Ireland through terrorist violence.

"If he turns out to be Muslim or Buddhist then we'll issue an unreserved apology along with a cheerful comment about how much we all love a curry."

He added: "It's upsetting that he thought we were being racist as our fans are famous for being jolly and friendly and too drunk to remember where they left their machetes."

The spokesman also denied a banana was thrown at Neymar insisting it was probably sneaked into a fan's packed lunch and then thrown away in terror and confusion by someone who has never encountered fruit.

But Neymar said: "You don't see this kind of thing in my country amongst adults who have managed to avoid being killed by police death squads. And when we eventually get around to electing a black president I'm sure he'll denounce stuff like this."

The SFA hopes to rebuild Scotland's reputation when they face Wales in Cardiff for match in the Nations Conquered by The English Cup.

The spokesman added: "It should be a cracking atmosphere as 70,000 Catholics, Presbyterians and Methodists scream abuse at each other over something that happened in a field 300 years ago."

Source: The Daily Mash

:laugh:

• Paid Members
German teenager admits throwing banana during Scotland vs Brazil match

Arsenal FC, following an investigation with the police, confirm Scottish fans were not involved in the incident.

A German teenager was responsible for the banana-throwing incident during Scotland's friendly with Brazil at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

Arsenal Football Club, who play at the stadium, announced the revelation after an investigation with the Metropolitan Police.

Brazil forward Neymar, who scored both goals in his side's 2-0 win, complained after the match that he had been the victim of racist abuse - a claim strenuously denied by the Scottish Football Association and the Tartan Army fans' organisation.

The banana was thrown onto the pitch after the striker celebrated his second goal, which was from a penalty. Pictures show the area from where the banana was thrown contained many fans wearing Brazil strips.

A statement from Arsenal, released on Tuesday afternoon, said: "After consultation with the Metropolitan Police, Arsenal Football Club can confirm that a German teenage tourist has admitted throwing a banana onto the pitch during the Brazil v Scotland international friendly at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

"The youngster was sitting in the North Bank of Emirates Stadium, an area of the stadium which was occupied by the official allocation of tickets to Brazil supporters, when he threw the banana onto the pitch during the second half of the match.

"The Metropolitan Police is satisfied there was no racist intent and have confirmed that no further action will be taken."

Neymar said on Tuesday morning that he will not lodge an official complaint following the incident. Earlier, he had expressed his unhappiness at an "atmosphere of racism" from the Scotland support.

"No, that's in the past," Neymar told Sky Sports News. "I go back to Brazil now and have already forgotten about it. If it was [a] Scottish [fan] or if it wasn't, we cannot prove it. It was one isolated case. Life goes on."

Source: STV

German teenager admits throwing banana during Scotland vs Brazil match

Arsenal FC, following an investigation with the police, confirm Scottish fans were not involved in the incident.

A German teenager was responsible for the banana-throwing incident during Scotland's friendly with Brazil at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

Arsenal Football Club, who play at the stadium, announced the revelation after an investigation with the Metropolitan Police.

Brazil forward Neymar, who scored both goals in his side's 2-0 win, complained after the match that he had been the victim of racist abuse - a claim strenuously denied by the Scottish Football Association and the Tartan Army fans' organisation.

The banana was thrown onto the pitch after the striker celebrated his second goal, which was from a penalty. Pictures show the area from where the banana was thrown contained many fans wearing Brazil strips.

A statement from Arsenal, released on Tuesday afternoon, said: "After consultation with the Metropolitan Police, Arsenal Football Club can confirm that a German teenage tourist has admitted throwing a banana onto the pitch during the Brazil v Scotland international friendly at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

"The youngster was sitting in the North Bank of Emirates Stadium, an area of the stadium which was occupied by the official allocation of tickets to Brazil supporters, when he threw the banana onto the pitch during the second half of the match.

"The Metropolitan Police is satisfied there was no racist intent and have confirmed that no further action will be taken."

Neymar said on Tuesday morning that he will not lodge an official complaint following the incident. Earlier, he had expressed his unhappiness at an "atmosphere of racism" from the Scotland support.

"No, that's in the past," Neymar told Sky Sports News. "I go back to Brazil now and have already forgotten about it. If it was [a] Scottish [fan] or if it wasn't, we cannot prove it. It was one isolated case. Life goes on."

Source: STV

yeah seen that on bbc text

Archived