Scottish Football Discussion Thread 2010/11

The Cum Doctor

Can't really complain about the Celtic postponement. All of the Gallowgate is an ice-rink right now and I don't see that situation improving by Saturday.

Whats the roads like Baz? Need to get over to Govan from the east end during rush hour tomorrow morning and was looking to avoid the M8 if possible so would need to go via the Gallowgate and Saltmarket.

The roads around the Saltmarket are clear of snow and ice and nicely gritted. This is because of that court down there but the traffic was mobbed about 11am today.

I'd seriously watch out on the Gallowgate way. Up this end never gets gritted.

Cheers, think I'll leave it to the last minute to decide and just check Nadics etc to see how the motorway looks when I need to leave.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what Liewell will say about their game being called off when he criticised Kilmarnock for it last year.

However, Celtic's view, as stated by Lawwell on the club website, was critical of the Ayrshire club, although Kilmarnock complied with SPL regulations and there is no obligation for any club to take responsibility for surrounding streets.

"Clearly, we are extremely disappointed that the match has been postponed," said Lawwell.

"We have been told that the pitch is perfectly playable, but we have also been informed that the match cannot proceed due to the stadium footprint not being cleared – naturally this is very frustrating for the club and its supporters.

"As is always the case, it is the responsibility of home clubs to ensure that their own footprint or locality is safe and obviously in this case, this has not been achieved."

Pretty sure it wa sonly the immeidate area of the ground he wa stalking about. I'm sure Celtic would have ensured that was clear but I don't think Celtic can realistically cleaer the entire east end of snow and ice. The approaches to Parkhead from Coatbridge, Bailliestone tc are not all safe for driving yet.

Pa Broon has resigned as Motherwell manager! :D

Indeed he has, even if it's quite difficult to resign from a club when you have no contract with them.

It won't make much difference really, as he's surely due to call it a day. If he wants to realise a career ambition of leading Aberdeen to SPL safety before doing that then fair play.

We'll continue on as normal, as we have the youth structure and a sound set up.

I wouldn't want to be him if he takes charge before we travel up to play you lot though. From what i've heard there are requests for extra buses and some manpower to give him a Motherwell style send off.

• Paid Members

Faubert's Real Madrid move was a loan for a couple of months from West Ham. I believe he's back at the Hammers. I'm sure I saw him on the subs bench for the match against Sunderland on Sky.

As you say, it was a rather strange move. Rangers were after him a few months before.

ADDED: Seriously can't see that Caley Th - Rangers match being on tomorrow. Roads are absolutely terrible. I wouldn't want to chance my life going up to Inverness in this weather.

• Paid Members
I wouldn't want to be him if he takes charge before we travel up to play you lot though. From what i've heard there are requests for extra buses and some manpower to give him a Motherwell style send off.

Just remember that (even though he likes a younger lady) Pa Broon (much like McGhee) isn't a paedophile! :thumbsup:

Archived