Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

The main two fights were pretty forgettable I thought. The Awad stop was strange. On one hand, he was laying there with both his arms on the ground, and it looked like he was out. On the other, the ref didn't even seem to verbally check with the fighter (a simple "are you done?" is what I think a Herb would have done there). Had he just sat up he would have been OK, so I blame the fighter.

It's been a few days since I watched it, but I seem to remember Mann beings pretty shit, and getting outclassed right from the start.

• Paid Members

Mann was just outhustled, Lima was faster, more aggressive and was getting the better of every exchange...good scrap though.

In the Rickels fight the ref definitely checked to see if Awad was ok and made a decision based on what he saw, he probably should have said something but i got the impression that Awad actually thought the fight was over anyway.

• Paid Members

well with UFC Sweden taking a big this week i think you could argue that this week's Bellator is the better card this week (not top to bottom, but in terms of top of the card), probably the strongest card of the season and it's one hell of a finale. Seriously if you still aint swayed to watch Bellator this is the week you should start.

Bellator-95-poster.jpg

main card:

Pat Curran vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev (Featherweight Title Fight)

Frodo Khasbulaev vs. Mike Richman (Featherweight Final)

Doug Marshall vs. Brett Cooper (Middleweight Final)

Karo Parisyan vs. Rick Hawn

Seriously pumped for every fight, this is gonna be a wild show.

Just finished this event. Another really solid card. This was the first season I watched constantly, and have been very impressed. Great production, good commentators, and (most importantly) good fighters. The tournement format is also good. For example, I hadnt heard of Doug Marshall before watching this, but now, because of the frequent fights and video promos, hes recognizable to me.

Speaking of Marshall, he has some serious power. Hes one of those fighters where any minute hes throwing, he has a legit chance of KO'ing the other guy. Hes constantly throwing bombs. Great to watch. He looks small for a 185er, and the gameplan to beat him is obvious. That said, he was taken down in this fight, didnt take any punishment, and got up toward the end of the round.

That McGeary KO where he rocked the other guy who had side mount was something I dont think Ive seen before. Crazy.

The Frodo/Richman match was outstanding. The stand up (especially in the first round) by both guys was top notch. Frodo's constant bomb throwing reminds me of Leonard Garcia.

• Paid Members

Marshall was 205lb champ in the WEC but he does come off as a small middleweight...the guys the Benjamin Button of MMA, seriously go and find pictures of him whilst he was in the WEC, he looked 10 years old than he does now and it was like 10 years ago.

Ive always been a fan of watching Marshall fight but he really grew on me during the Bellator season, a lot of fans think he takes his schtick too far but i think its fn brilliant.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

couple of bits of new Bellator news...

the Summer Series kicks off on June 19th, the series will feature a couple of mini 4-man tournaments as well as title fights and other shit, first card (Bellator 96) looks like this:

-Michael Chandler (11-0) vs. Dave Jansen (19-2) - Lightweight Title Fight

-King Mo Lawal (9-2) vs. Seth Petruzelli (14-7) - Light Heavyweight Tournament Semi-Final

-Renato

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bellator have Rampage Jackson...

According to those same sources, Jackson's new deal will be similar to the one Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal signed with the promotion last year, which gave him the opportunity to appear on TNA Impact Wrestling programming on Spike TV. Jackson has flirted with the idea of pursuing a pro wrestling career in the past, and it seems as though he will soon get a chance to showcase himself as a sports entertainer.

Jackson's Bellator debut has yet to be finalized, but a fall date appears to be a possibility. Bellator would not confirm the new contract when contacted by MMAFighting.com.

:thumbsup:

• Paid Members

What's happening with that Bellator reality show Randy Couture is meant to be involved in? When's that due to air? If it's a similar deal as TUF, Rampage and Mo could make for some great TV as rival coaches.

• Paid Members

Its due on during this summer season of fights coming up i think. Bellator no doubt will try and put together Mo/Rampage at some point, weirdly i see it being tied into TNA and being some kind of pro wrestling angle. Dont think i like that idea.

What's happening with that Bellator reality show Randy Couture is meant to be involved in? When's that due to air? If it's a similar deal as TUF, Rampage and Mo could make for some great TV as rival coaches.

It is airing either this month or next, I think. It is a different format, it seems the fighters they get too choose their own coach out of Couture, Frank Shamrock, Greg Jackson and erm Joe Warren.Kongo is meant to be joining Rampage Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Cheers. Kongo would be a decent addition as well. Bellator needs some heavies. Kongo might actually be title material in Bellator's heavyweight ranks. Oh yeah, add Paul Daley to the list of disgruntled Bellator employees. He's saying Bellator have cockblocked him from booking fights outside the promotion even though it's in his contract. This combined with the Alvarez case, the Tyson Nam stuff, the Zach Machovsky stuff, it's been a rough year PR wise for Bjorn. Rampage is a great signing for them though. He's by far the biggest name they've ever had and he brings instant recognition and starpower to their shows.

• Paid Members

i don't really see what so bad about the Daley situation. Bellator from what i can tell aren't telling Daley he can't fight, they are just having final say on his opponents. They are just protecting one of their top assets from taking dangerous fights...look what happened when they allowed Eduardo Dantas to go fight in Brazil.It would be worse if they said that Daley couldn't fight at all. What sucks about it is that Daley is gonna spend the next couple of months fighting bums.