Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

@Egg Shen Think so yeah. Just looked up his MMA record again to refresh my memory and it’s more brutal than I remember. Ended his MMA career on a 5 fight losing streak, was sparked in 4 of them and he was knocked out in the last 3 in a row. 

Mad thing is I actually remember a lot of people giving him a good chance of beating Gaethje when they fought years ago. Right enough, I just went back to the thread on here and look at this…

IMG_6403.thumb.jpeg.bab840cf6ec4882f81347ef1f6056970.jpeg

We voted 4-1 in favour of Vick in the poll. You were the only one who picked Gaethje. Looking back, Vick was starting to put a little win streak together and build some momentum, and Gaethje was coming off those rough wars against Alvarez and Poirier where he suffered his first losses back-to-back. The feeling at the time seemed to be that the wheels might be coming off for Gaethje and Vick was catching him at the perfect time. Didn’t exactly age well ?

Edited by wandshogun09

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

The Contender Series is back Wednesday, 10 street weeks. Properly got into this last year. The lineups on paper might not mean alot but these things are loaded with top prospects and regional Champions, definitely the best route into the big show these days. 

• Paid Members

Contender Series delivered, some cracking names coming off that. The UK has a top prospect entering the UFC, Lone'er Kavaunaugh winning a contract with a first round KO. Enjoyed Kavaunaugh in Cage Warriors and he appears to be the real deal. 

Cracking stuff overall, I highly recommend the show if you've never seen it.

There are a couple of interesting fights coming up on the fifth Contender Series show on 10th September.

Yousri Belgaroui vs. Anvarbek Daniyalbekov
Yousri Belgaroui has fought both Israel Adesanya and Alex Pereira in kickboxing. 7-3 record, lost on a Contender Series show last year. A training partner of Alex Pereira for the last couple of years.
His opponent Anvarbek Daniyalbekov is no slouch, with an 8-0 record and all his wins coming via KO/TKO. 

Quemuel Ottoni vs. Kody Steele
Quemuel Ottoni is the only fighter other than Israel Adesanya to beat Alex Pereira in MMA. Admittedly that was in 2015 (and it was Pereira's first MMA fight) and he hasn't fought for two years, but will be interesting to see if he is any good. Has a 12-3 record with 11 finishes.

• Paid Members

Good spots.

Yeah, my weekly thing is to get on Tapology and browse the fighters records to see if anything stands out like that and what promotions they are coming in from.