Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Well, yes it is, but with his status as a fighter unresolved with the Wolfheart stuff, it was worth a punt, plus his manager is the same as Paul Daley & Jim Wallhead, so you never know...

• Paid Members

Glad to hear that BAMMA are at least aware that people wern't happy with it. Either guy with a decent anchor may work, but together they were a shit.

Actually Trigg's shit all the time, i hate his commentary...for a guy who was so brash, confident and outspoken during his fighting career & his radio work you'd think he'd a perfect commentator but it just doesn't work for me.

• Paid Members

Trigg is actually really facinating to listen to. He also decided he wanted to hang with the crew rather than the 'bigwigs' at B13 which resulted in a hilarious night out. We got to Nandos at 9pm on the Firday night only to be told that There was a 45 minute wait and they were out of chicken. Franks face and resulting discussion with the host was a sight to see (We all (Trigg, Head of PR, Georgia Graham, Mike (Ring Announcer) Markham, another staffer and myself) at Wagammas. So I have a lot of time for Twinkle Toes, plus he knows his stuff too.

On another note Michael 'Venom' Page is out of his fight with Kenny Ento at Bellator and the fight has been scratched.

Well, yes it is, but with his status as a fighter unresolved with the Wolfheart stuff, it was worth a punt, plus his manager is the same as Paul Daley & Jim Wallhead, so you never know...

Julie Kedzie does commentary for Invicta and she's contracted to the UFC, although they do have a working relationship of sorts.

• Paid Members
Trigg is actually really facinating to listen to. He also decided he wanted to hang with the crew rather than the 'bigwigs' at B13 which resulted in a hilarious night out. We got to Nandos at 9pm on the Firday night only to be told that There was a 45 minute wait and they were out of chicken. Franks face and resulting discussion with the host was a sight to see (We all (Trigg, Head of PR, Georgia Graham, Mike (Ring Announcer) Markham, another staffer and myself) at Wagammas. So I have a lot of time for Twinkle Toes, plus he knows his stuff too.

On another note Michael 'Venom' Page is out of his fight with Kenny Ento at Bellator and the fight has been scratched.

yeh man, thats what i mean. I used to listen to TAGG radio all the time and Trigg was great on that...i just dont feel his personality translates overinto the commentary booth.

• Paid Members

Bellator 102 tonight...this is what i plan on watching Saturday night with a couple of cold ones :)

Notable for two big heavyweight debuts!

Bellator_102_Kongo_vs._Godbeer_Poster.jpg

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)

Mark Godbeer vs. Cheick Kongo - heavyweight tournament semifinals

Lavar Johnson vs. Vinicius Queiroz - heavyweight tournament semifinals

Anthony Leone vs. Rafael "Morcego" Silva - Summer Series bantamweight tournament final

Jason Butcher vs. Mikkel Parlo - middleweight tournament semifinals

Perry Filkins vs. Brennan Ward - middleweight tournament semifinals

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV, 7:30 p.m. ET)

Cain Carrizosa vs. Juan Quesada

Jonny Carson vs. Bryan Travers

Brandon Girtz vs. Poppies Martinez

Javy Ayala vs. Thiago Santos

Scott Cleve vs. Isaac DeJesus

Brandon Cash vs. William Richey

Kongo & Johnson both debut, so it should be a fun show. I expect some violence.

Anyone know much about Mark Godbeer? he's a Brit.

The Middleweight tourney semi brackets will sort themselves out, looking forward to seeing Parlo again, that dude brings the aggression. Interesting undercard again too, Bellator are stacking these things up.

• Paid Members

Yes, he fought on BAMMA 9:

I think that people are overlooking him because Kongo is a wider known name. I have Godbeer down for the upset tonight and on the form of previous UFC fighters in Bellator over the past couple of weeks, I'd say the odds are in his favour too.

• Paid Members

Kongo is the type who runs hot and cold as well. He's been wildly inconsistent over the last few years. His peak was probably around 2007-09 and he wasn't really any more than solid mid-tier then. He's a good scalp for a guy like Godbeer because he's still got the name recognition because of his long stay in the UFC and the Cro Cop and Pat Barry wins stick in the memory. Also, he looks awesome. If you kick his arse, you'll look like a killer by default. He looks like a Hasbro. But he's so hit and miss you never know what Kongo you're getting. If Cagefuck Kongo turns up it could be a long, boring night for Godbeer.

I think the only similarity you could have between Randleman and Kongo, is that they are both Heavies and both have had boring fights. It is a bit of a loose comparison Eddie, I could name several Heavies by that logic he could be the modern day Randleman.

Edited by jimufctna24

I think the only similarity you could have between Randleman and Kongo, is that they are both Heavies and both have had boring fights. It is a bit of a loose comparison Eddie, I could name several Heavies by that logic he could be the modern day Randleman.

Also, going back to what Wand said above, both had/have that action-man build and looked like they should be ripping heads off...

kevin2.jpg

..while actually they were both often really dull.

-edit-

It was only a passing comment, anyway. They are both synonymous with "boring heavyweights" for me, that's all.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

• Paid Members

Randleman is the most anti-climatic fighter of all time. The dude talked it up as good as anyone ever in the sport and he genuinely made me believe on more than one occasion that once the bell sounded he was going to do some serious damage...it rarely happened. Randleman fought like a cocked gun that had a jammed trigger.