Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Micheal Page has come under fire that his opponent took a dive last night. His response?

@Michaelpage247: I no it looks like I grazed him and no it didn’t land clean BUT his nose didn’t bleed on its own

As far as the Marcus Davis fight goes, it's best o quote Bobby Heenan "Your only as tough as your eyeballs or your balls"

Edited by Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

The punch basically took Sanders nose off, it clearly didn't land flush on his face, i think it just clipped his nose on the way through.

It was a quality debut for Page though, he's breezing through so easily at the moment but i wanna see him tested, hopefully Bellator give him a crack at the tournament, may be a step too far though at this point. Bellator must know they have a potential star on their hands.

It was a frustrating night though, i didn't watch the prelims they added but Martinez/Wiuff was over before it started and Spritwolf/Davis ended controversially when Spiritwolf couldn't continue after a shot to the suds. Held/Jansen somewhat saved the night with a quality grapple based MMA fight in the main event, love watching Held work on the ground.

Can't see Chandler having any problems with Dave Jansen in the title fight though.

I disagree slightly that it was a great debut for Page. Had it been a highlight reel KO, then it would be different, but it was (visually) a pretty lame KO, that didnt make him look that good. 3 or 4 minutes of Page dancing around, then finishing the guy would have been much better for him.

Agree that the main event was very good. Even in the 3rd, when Held was running on empty, he still looked dangerous. Considering Held hardly had the power to throw a strike in the 3rd, it was questionable tactics to try the GnP for the last half of it.

Have to mention the ref with the comb-over, and seemingly was using a litre of oil to greese his hair.

• Paid Members

I see your point, but a 10 second KO isnt bad is it? It showcased Page's ridiculous speed and announced his arrival...if that punch had landed clean on the chin Sander would have been sleeping.

• Paid Members

Yeah if you're narrowing it down to one go with 90, it's a cracking non-stop sort of card.

If you get chance though I'd give Bellator 89 a viewing as well. 3 really exciting fights in Dantas/Galvao, Rogers/Cramer and Marshall/Spang.

I'd also highly recommend the Khasbulaev vs Guerreiro fight from Bellator 87 to anyone who hasn't seen it. Probably one of my favourite fights so far this year and it will probably get overlooked.

• Paid Members

Bellator 94 tonight, 2 tournament finals in store:

bellatorfightingchampio.jpg

Main Card (on Spike TV):

Saad Awad vs. David Rickels (Lightweight Tournament Final)

Emanuel Newton vs. Mikhail Zayats (Light Heavyweight Tournament Final)

Trey Houston vs. Luis Melo

Ronnie Mann vs. Rodrigo Lima

Preliminary Card (on Spike.com):

Shah Bobonis vs. Joe Taimanglo

Heather Clark vs. Felice Herrig

Patrick Cenoble vs. Tony Fryklund

James Edson Berto vs. Bruno Carvalho

Joe Taimanglo vs. Shah Bobonis

Rob Horton vs. Augusto Sakai

Jessica Aguilar vs. Patricia Vidonic

Kenny Moss vs. Julien Williams

If there's ever a lineup that illustrates the whole theory behind Bellator's tournament format it's this one. Outside of Rickels who was fancied from the start you've got 3 guys in finals who were heavy underdogs going into the thing (Awad wasn't even meant to be in the tournament). I have a bit of a love/hate thing going on with the whole concept but tonight shows how it can work and how in MMA anything can fucking happen.

Rickels has to be the favorite against Awad, i know Awads's coming in off two quick upset KO's but there's no way he's stopping Rickels early, i expect Rickels to weather a storm and then do his thing.

Newton/Zayats is interesting, Newton's gonna be bursting with confidence after the King Mo win and is claiming it was no fluke, whilst Zayats entered the tournament unknown, was critisiced despite knocking out Babalu yet looked great against Jacob Noe. Regardless, if anyone stumped down cash on either guy to win it all before the tournament began they are gonna pick up some change tonight.

Brit Ronnie Mann returns too!

Few familiar names on the undercard (Tony muthafucking Fryklund!), hopefully they'll shoehorn one or two on the broadcast.

• Paid Members

another quality show this week!

* Newton/Zayats was ultra close with Newton doing just enough to take two rounds (the 3rd cleary with the knockdown), it wasn't a classic but it was a decent 105lb contest, gruelling, tough fight.

* David Rickels has insane ability to just get shit done one way or another. He was getting beaten soundly by Awad for two rounds until drawing Awad into a crazy exchange on the cage at the end of round 2, Awad dropped from a right hand just before the bell sounded and the ref waved it off when Awad didn't get up off the floor quickly enough...it looked like Awad was ok, just taking a breather but the ref waved it off. I think the ref was right (Jimmy Smith disagreed) but Awad simply shot himself in the foot by just laying on the mat. Strange call though, it seems a week doesn't go by without some controversy in Bellator.

Oh Rickels wins ring entrance of the year too.

* Lima/Mann was a quality 135 scrap. Rodrigo Lima fights like a mini Wanderlei Silva, when he uncoils he throws exactly the same way. Ronnie Mann becomes the laterst guy to drop a weight class and find it not as easy as he was probably expecting. Looking forward to seeing Lima in the tournament.

* Houston/Melo was another case of a gung-ho Brazilian getting the better of his opponent, this was a wild, brutal fight. Both guys deserve a crack at 170lb tournament in my eyes because they left it all out there. Melo is a wildman.

* They got the Berto/Caravalho fight on the main card too which was an insane minute or so! i love short, crazy fights.

Last show of the season is next week.