Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I remember them on about a massive international distribution deal, including Europe, a while back. But that was about 2 years ago and nothing has been mentioned since.

We had the same with Strikeforce and WEC over here as well. We didn't get Strikeforce for ages and we didn't get WEC until after they shut shop.

I'm hoping maybe Challenge might pick it up this year with the Spike-TNA-Bellator links. But I'm not holding my breath.

It would be nice, if Bravo were still around im sure they would have picked it up by now! I was hoping we might get a one off Premier Sports type deal like earlier this week... A girl can dream I guess! Maybe Challenge will pick it up. Do Eurosport have any MMA?Off topic but congratulations on getting engaged Wand!

• Paid Members

Thanks a lot :)

Yeah, Eurosport are hit and miss. Their listings are all messed up so it's hard to know what's on when. They were showing some Strikeforce last year and I caught some good kickboxing on there as well a few times.

I think if anywhere is going to pick up Bellator, it will be Challenge. They are run by the same people who owned Bravo (I think) and with them having TNA and the relationship between Spike-TNA-Bellator, it's a good fit.

I think UFC used to do good numbers on Bravo so I'm sure Challenge would be open to dipping their toe in the MMA water. Probably won't happen but we can hope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bellator's big Spike debut tonight.

MMAJunkie has it listed as a 3 fight main card with Chandler vs Hawn, Curran vs Pitbull and the Babalu fight. All of which I'm really looking forward to. I've got tomorrow off as well so I'm gonna stay up and stream this bastard live.

Prelims are listed as being streamed on Spike.com as well. Anyone streamed on there before? What's the quality like?

Fair few recognisable names on the prelims with Seth Petruzelli, Jason Lambert, Jamie Yager, Mike Guymon etc. And a couple of tournament fights.

Seriously can't wait for the 2 title fights. Piossibly the 2 potentially best fights with the least fanfare in the coming months. Curran vs Pitbull should be a barnburner and I have very high expectations for Chandler vs Hawn.

• Paid Members
i hope they get off to a flyer.

Me too. They've certainly done everything in their power to ensure it. I know you can't ever count on anything in MMA but the Chandler/Hawn and Curran/Pitbull fights are as close as you can get to guaranteeing fights which will deliver.

Watch out for the UK's Karl Ethrington in this. 7-0 MMA record, all wins coming in the first round, and all under 60 seconds! He's a killer, and a 2nd Dan in Judo.

EDIT: Can't actually see him on the list of fighters for the event. I thought he was debuting for them here, anyone know what happened?

Edited by M-Dudz

Watch out for the UK's Karl Ethrington in this. 7-0 MMA record, all wins coming in the first round, and all under 60 seconds! He's a killer, and a 2nd Dan in Judo.

When is Ethrington scheduled to fight? He is 7-0, but it's worth bearing in mind that his opponents thus far have a combined record of 6-24, which isn't too impressive.

I also tend to believe that when a guy (especially from the UK or some other non-wrestling based nation) comes to the US, and looks like Etherington does physically they usually come undone when a decent wrestler takes them down and makes them work;

Karl%20Etherington%20Pic(1).jpg

He's certainly carrying a lot of beef there, which makes me wonder when it comes to his cardio.

Still, hopefully he does well over there. It's always nice to see UK guys get a crack at the big time.

I'm told his cardio is very good, but i think i'd rather cheer his opponent on over him. He's from my neck of the woods and is a complete dick. I'd be glad to see him taken down and beaten.

I thought he was set to debut at 85, i guess something must've changed. If he sticks around, you'd think a much stiffer test than the ones he's passed already has got to be coming his way.