The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

:confused: ive been looking forward to it, i saw the new band live and they were quality...granted they were playing old material.

I'm surprised, i've read some good reviews for the Decapitated album.

Like Ebb i saw them live with the latest singer and thought he was good, much better than the 2nd singer they had. I can understand why some people don't like it though, cos he is quite alot different to the original. So it does change Decapitated's sound a bit. And to be fair to Decapitated there first few albums are amazing, so it was always going to be hard to produce something as good as them.

Edited by lostprophet_y2j

• Paid Members
got my tickets booked for Rammstein in Nottingham, and also booked my tickets for Volbeat in Sheffield in October. muchos excited about both of them, and then just need Manowar to confirm their November dates :thumbsup:

also gonna try grabbing a Volbeat ticket!

Found out last night that Opeth are over here in November (Newcastle 9th o2 Academy , Manchester 11th o2 Academy , Birmingham 12th o2 Academy , London 13th Brixton o2 Academy). Depending on when the dates for Manowar fall, might have to get to see Opeth. When I saw them support Dream Theater in 09, they were absolute perfection

Edited by KingOfMetal

Found out last night that Opeth are over here in November (Newcastle 9th, Manchester 11th, Birmingham 12th). Depending on when the dates for Manowar fall, might have to get to see Opeth. When I saw them support Dream Theater in 09, they were absolute perfection

Haven't seen them since 06 (i think) so i may just have to go see them in Brum.

A classic may be a bit of a stretch, but it is a very impressive album, especially for a very young band's debut at the time. The follow up album, 'The Negation', was another very strong effort

I think the band members were aged between 14 and 18 when they recorded Winds of Creation, which is insane for how great it is. Nihility and The Negation are awesome albums aswell.

• Paid Members

no fucking way!

Life of Agony are one of my favourite bands and Soul Searching Sun is one of my favourite albums (not the purists LOA choice but still). Caputo's always struck me as a little fruity but he's a great f'n vocalist. This has shocked me, what the fuck!?!?