The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

it's one of those ones that unfortunately you saw coming, Weiland was in a bad way. Sad news though :(

STP are one of those bands I weirdly skipped growing up despite knowing who they were, i got into Velvet Revolver before i ever even heard a STP record and it wasn't until i got a little older that i went back and discovered the band. I'm still making my through the back catalogue but they are (were) quality.

Reading announced RHCP. Along with Courteeners, Crossfaith, RatBoy, The 1975, Slaves and a few others in an all round very predictable safe booking.

Never seen RHCP's but think there a bit overrated anyway and supposedly hit and miss live. But they'll shift tickets.

Edited by seanz25

At The Drive-In have announced more shows. Their initial reunion was slammed to fuck for being half arsed, not sure why they are giving it another crack (other than dollar).

One of the biggest let downs ever seeing them at Leeds fest a few years back. Omar spent the entire set with his back to us. It was definitely all for the £££ but I thought they'd at least give it a go.

Compared to the Antemasque gig in Leeds where they all proper went for it - my memory of At the Drive in live gets worse and worse. 

If only I was a year older, I would've gone to Leeds fest in 2000 and seen ATDI in all their glory (and RATM before the split, Elliott Smith to name a few)

I started going in 2001 and was pissed I missed 2000. Rage, Deftones and Slipknot all played one after the other. As well you had Limp Bizkit at the height of their fame, ATDI and The Get Up Kids. I mean, don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed every year I have been but that would've been something special.

• Paid Members

I was at the Leeds Festival in 2000. Got down on the rail in the Carling tent and saw ATDI in all their glory. Cedric was a madman.

I basically saw all the bands you mentioned Bacon. Them old Reading/Leeds lineups were brilliant. Rage Against the Machine weirdly played halfway up the bill. It was Deftones around the time of White Pony too, great times.

I did Leeds from 2000-2006 (Reading in 99), never went again after that

Don't worry bacon, I only started going to Leeds in 2001 so missed all of those too. Although I did see QOTSA and was bored out of my mind when they played in 01/02 (I forget which year it was) and saw RATM headline/phone it in when they played in 2008.

My Leeds festival claim to fame was the being the guy that Andrew W.K. gave the microphone to finish 'Party Till You Puke', which was massive for me being a huge AWK mark

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Yeah, first year was 01. Love the fact that the first band I ever saw at a festival was Run DMC!!! Just after GCSE results and what a weekend. Just looked at the line up again and forgot about Manson and Papa Roach playing. Sacked off Eminem early to go and rave out to (thought it was Grooverider, but apparently was Wookie and then Roots Manuva.

Halcyon days, although nothing beats the Saturday in 02 and the Victory Records takeover and seeing Dashboard, Get Ups and Thursday in the afternoon. Most emo day ever