The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

"According to the UK's Bristol Post, the first announcement of acts playing next year's Reading Festival will be announced at 8:00am GMT on Friday, December 4th, with GUNS N' ROSES expected to be on the bill. Rumour has it the band will play with their original line-up at the event with the festival taking place simultaneously with one in Leeds."

Take it for what it's worth i guess.

Edited by truthofsin

• Paid Members

I'd heard rumours GnR were playing BST at Hyde Park but that all went very quiet. Maybe R&L stumped up the cash and Axl and Co. opted for the double payday instead? RHCP are also rumoured for R&L which would be horrible. If they have got GnR tickets are going to fly.

It's also not the 'original' or 'classic' or 'whatever else you want to call it' lineup that's being rumoured to be happening. The only three members that are rumoured to be part of it are Axl, Slash (which are the only two that I think most are bothered about) and Duff Mckagan. Izzy Stradlin isn't involved and Steven Adler and Matt Sorum haven't been contacted either, so who plays drums?

RHCP can fuck right off, they've always been shit

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Both those sound horrible to be honest, can't stand either. Was discussing this last night with the wife and as Download are recycling all the same bands, what are the credible options for Reading and Leeds? We need an indie, a metal/hard rock and something for everyone.

I can see 30 Seconds to Mars nabbing a headline slot to be honest. New album out, haven't played UK for ages, solidly enjoyed by most people.

What are the other options in all seriousness??? 

Both those sound horrible to be honest, can't stand either. Was discussing this last night with the wife and as Download are recycling all the same bands, what are the credible options for Reading and Leeds? We need an indie, a metal/hard rock and something for everyone.

I can see 30 Seconds to Mars nabbing a headline slot to be honest. New album out, haven't played UK for ages, solidly enjoyed by most people.

What are the other options in all seriousness??? 

It's also not the 'original' or 'classic' or 'whatever else you want to call it' lineup that's being rumoured to be happening. The only three members that are rumoured to be part of it are Axl, Slash (which are the only two that I think most are bothered about) and Duff Mckagan. Izzy Stradlin isn't involved and Steven Adler and Matt Sorum haven't been contacted either, so who plays drums?

No Dizzy Reed? He's been the only constant member of the band since 1990 other than Axl.

• Paid Members

Once Axl gets past the first 2-3 songs, then he's usually fine for the rest of the set. From the most recent shows I've seen anyway.

I really can't be arsed if this "line up" gets back together. I really enjoyed the most recent incarnation of GnR. However, it is a bit of a coincidence that these rumours have picked up speed and Ashba and Bumblefoot have both left the band.

No Dizzy Reed? He's been the only constant member of the band since 1990 other than Axl.

He's also just the keyboard player, no-one cares about the keyboard player.

• Paid Members

Im a huge fan but i dont really want to see it. It just feels like one of those things that just cant live up to the hype, the original lineups are iconic so to advertise it as such without the drummer or other guitarists just feels a little wrong to me.

Supposedly GNR, RHCP and Foals. Outside shouts over on eFests which usually has good sources also suggesting Green Day and Stone Roses. Foo's and Biffy where further down the line on possibility scale.

Still can't understand Foals and how the fuck they've made it to headliner presuming it leads that way. Supposedly tons of seats left to flog for there arena tour to.

Guns and roses no matter what you say half reformed is a good selling point for the festival and shakes things up from what they've had recently.

Always heard RHCP are the shits live. For me a GNR (Cos I've never seen them live) Green Day & Roses line up would be super. Would show a real statement of intent to IMO.

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

RHCP just have a habit of jamming and it tends to annoy people.

Guns N' Roses are a huge coup for any festival, and if it happens i'll be watching on TV if i aint attending but im still kind of against the idea.

At The Drive-In have announced more shows. Their initial reunion was slammed to fuck for being half arsed, not sure why they are giving it another crack (other than dollar).

RHCP just have a habit of jamming and it tends to annoy people.

Guns N' Roses are a huge coup for any festival, and if it happens i'll be watching on TV if i aint attending but im still kind of against the idea.

At The Drive-In have announced more shows. Their initial reunion was slammed to fuck for being half arsed, not sure why they are giving it another crack (other than dollar).

Where have you seen this dude? Can't find any info other than the US festival they have announced.