The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

We have just finished the recording session of the new VADER's album "Tibi et Igni". All trax are done and ready for final mix. The premiere date is set for the end of May. However yet in April there will be 7'' release with two fresh trax from the new album. This record, entitled "Where Angels Weep", shall include songs in versions different than on the album.

I'm guessing it'll pretty much sound the same as their past work as they never seem to change things up a lot but I'm still excited, they have a set style like Bolt Thrower and do it so very well.

Oh, and BABYMETAL's first album came out today and is already top of the itunes U.S Metal chart and 2nd in ours. Not sure it'll be many peoples cup of tea here but if you're up for listening to teenage Japanese Idols mixed with some good metal..

Stupidly catchy stuff. Edited by Merzbow

• 3 weeks later...

Angela Gossow has stepped down as vocalist for Arch Enemy. She will remain as a Business Manager for the band. She has been replaced by Alissa White-Glutz (ex The Agonist) who is currently tracking vocals for Arch Enemy's new album, 'War Eternal', due out in June on Century Media

• Paid Members

hmmmn, there's certain bands who kind of work because of the vocalist and although Arch Enemy are an incredible metal band (though im not a big fan) the pull of the always seemed to be Gossow. Dunno if they'll recover from that.

They were a decent act before Gossow was in the band, but she was definitely a drawing factor as they're arn't many women who can do what she did. Many a time I would play some people the 'Wages of Sin' album and they couldn't believe it was a woman doing the vocals. Time will tell, it could give them a fresh start. People said Brian Johnson wouldn't work in AC/DC and people thought that Journey were done when Steve Perry left (admittedly they did have rough few years, but are now a massively money making band)

Anybody ever heard of Ritual? Just found out about them a few months back, a great NWOBHM band that never got much attention. They have been around for quite a while now but only released two albums, Widow (1983) and Valley of the Kings (1993), both albums are great but I feel Valley of the Kings is the better of the two.

A true hidden gem.

Youtube

Anybody ever heard of Ritual? Just found out about them a few months back, a great NWOBHM band that never got much attention. They have been around for quite a while now but only released two albums, Widow (1983) and Valley of the Kings (1993), both albums are great but I feel Valley of the Kings is the better of the two.

A true hidden gem.

Youtube

They were meant to be playing Brofest up here a few weeks ago but pulled out due to ill-health :(

I booked my ticket for Reading the other night. Looking forward to it. Although not all Metal/Punk or Rock there's a fairly decent line up for me. At least in Blink, QOTSA & Drenge. Who do we think will be doing the lock-up/Rock stage this year. I think Of Mice & Men are ment to be on that stage at some point but there's gotta be at least one other big-ish draw there right?

Hoping for Sum 41 or The Offspring. Although I doubt either, especially as Offspring are at download. Or a Fox Boro Hotubs show. Green Day have been there in some form now for the last 2 years, either headlining or secret shows so I can only but dream!

Edited by seanz25

I booked my ticket for Reading the other night. Looking forward to it. Although not all Metal/Punk or Rock there's a fairly decent line up for me. At least in Blink, QOTSA & Drenge. Who do we think will be doing the lock-up/Rock stage this year. I think Of Mice & Men are ment to be on that stage at some point but there's gotta be at least one other big-ish draw there right?

Hoping for Sum 41 or The Offspring. Although I doubt either, especially as Offspring are at download. Or a Fox Boro Hotubs show. Green Day have been there in some form now for the last 2 years, either headlining or secret shows so I can only but dream!

Only confirmed acts for The Pit, which is the new name of what was the Lock Up Stage, are Of Mice And Men and Architects. I could maybe see someone like Bury Tomorrow and maybe While She Sleeps being added at some point, but other than that I'm at a loss as to who may be on