The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Any real standout tracks to check out from post Max Sepultura? I'm intrigued, but haven't really heard anything from therm since Soulfly started.

This one was always one of my favourite Sepultura track from any era. Like proper Brujeria/Napalm grindcore. Always absolutely loved it.

There was a time when I was pathologically obsessed with all eras of Sepultura and Soulfly, so Sepulnation and Dante XXI used to get frequent plays. Haven't listened to them in absolute years though, but this question sent me back and I'm still really enjoying. Sepultura these days are a really good hardcore band. They aren't really thrash anymore, but they do what they do really well. I haven't listened to Kairos or the new album, and probably never will, but I would definitely go see them live as they're a good laugh. New album has a monumentally stupid title though. Who let that one slip through the net?

• Paid Members

its another wild concept album, they cook some strange brews down in Brazil.

The A-Lex album they did is all about A Clockwork Orange.

...and Forrest, i haven't listened to the new album a ton yet (but it's sounding great), but i highly recommend Kairos.

Had a great night in Leeds at tonights Alice In Chains show. First support was Walking Papers, which features Duff Mckeagan and members of The Missionary Position playing some great hard rock numbers. Ghost sounding fucking amazing as usual but tonight was the best Ive heard them sound yet. Alice In Chains had a great first half, a ropey second half then came good again in the encore. Will try and get some clips onto YouTube this week

Edited by KingOfMetal

alter bridge really do deserve sevenfolds posistion at download. I cannot understand how a band that released an album which hasn't been greatly accepted be given this monster push to the moon and Alter Bridge be stuck subbing to Aerosmith when they can do a hour and half set with their eyes shut. And looking at sevenfolds current tour they are playing the same set over and over where at least Alter Bridge are listening to what the fans want and altering the setlist.

The only reason to knock Alter Bridge would be that Myles doesn't entertain as a frontman. But i'm sorry with the success of Fortress, it's not a justifiable answer. Hoping Areosmith pull from DL and Alter Bridge get bumped up.

its another wild concept album, they cook some strange brews down in Brazil.

Yeah it's based around the film Metropolis, the current album. I've acquired a copy and will listen to it later when I get the chance.

Whiskey Jim, I'm going to disagree with you on the assertion that Derrick is rubbish, he isnt at all. It's just different to Max, though after 16 years I'm not sure why this is still an issue. Heck, even Andreas did well at Donnington on vox, so its not like he is integral to Seps any more.

• Paid Members

yeh Sepultura are a different beast, Andreas Kisser has thrived as a songwriter. Dude's a legend in his own right.

thefallenangel, Avenged Sevenfold's album was anything but a flop, it went to number 1 in the US and the UK.

• Paid Members

It really does feel like Max farts out the Soulfly albums but i still love them for what they are. Soulfly's music has definitely improved since Marc Rizzo joined the band though, fantastic metal guitarist. Max even roped him in to the Cavalera Conspiracy setup...which sounded exactly like Soulfly albums haha.

I'm can't wait to hear this though...

Killer-Be-Killed-2013.jpg

For a project that has been in the works for about three years now, things finally seem to be moving at a good pace.

The new project featuring legendary metal icon Max Cavalera, The Dillinger Escape Plan's Greg Puciato and Mastodon's Troy Sanders has a name now, Killer Be Killed. It has a label, Nuclear Blast Entertainment. And now, it has a first official photo (above) and some new details on the album.

First off, the drummer is confirmed to be David Elitch, formerly of The Mars Volta. As shown in the photo, Greg Puciato is playing guitar and he, Max and Troy all perform vocals in the band. The band is working with metal mega-producer Josh Wilbur (Lamb of God).

Puciato describes the music as "a bit of SABBATH-y doom, a bit of thrash, a bit of hardcore and punk," while Cavalera describes the music as "a mix of heavy, fast and melodic songs." Puciato asserts that the music sounds like none of the musicians' current projects, and it sounds the least like Dillinger. This is the choice quote from Troy Sanders that sold this album for me:

"The electric chemistry was apparent the first time they all assembled.

• Paid Members
alter bridge really do deserve sevenfolds posistion at download. I cannot understand how a band that released an album which hasn't been greatly accepted be given this monster push to the moon and Alter Bridge be stuck subbing to Aerosmith when they can do a hour and half set with their eyes shut. And looking at sevenfolds current tour they are playing the same set over and over where at least Alter Bridge are listening to what the fans want and altering the setlist.

The only reason to knock Alter Bridge would be that Myles doesn't entertain as a frontman. But i'm sorry with the success of Fortress, it's not a justifiable answer. Hoping Areosmith pull from DL and Alter Bridge get bumped up.

I disagree. I think they're perfect where they are at the moment. Remember, Avenged Sevenfold got to number one with their album.

Give it another album cycle and if AB V is as good as Fortress and AB impress at Donington, then I think maybe they can headline Download.