The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Reports from the Alter Bridge shows so far are mixed.

Again, heavy Blackbird influence on the set list. Only played 5 Fortress songs so far. Cut it down from 5 to 4 last night. I guess we'll see what tonight brings at Wembley Arena.

A good point though is that Flip seems to be using a click track now and they are playing songs at their normal speed instead of the hyper speed they used to play at live.

Edited by Bettencourt

Reports from the Alter Bridge shows so far are mixed.

Again, heavy Blackbird influence on the set list. Only played 5 Fortress songs so far. Cut it down from 5 to 4 last night. I guess we'll see what tonight brings at Wembley Arena.

A good point though is that Flip seems to be using a click track now and they are playing songs at their normal speed instead of the hyper speed they used to play at live.

Really enjoyed the show last night. I'd have also preferred more Fortress stuff, but it's clear most want to hear the Blackbird stuff. I guess when you're doing arenas you have appeal to the masses. There was a definite beginning of tour vibe, as Myles mentioned they're still fiddling with the setlist. Seeing them again in Paris next week, hopefully it flows a little better then. I loved Halestorm, but I always do. Even if they needed to turn the guitars up. I'm surprised they're not bigger over here but they seemed to go down pretty well. Shinedown aren't my kind of thing at all but everyone else seemed really into them. They love a middle of the road, radio power ballad don't they?

Edited by Harvey Dent

Alter Bridge/ Shinedown/ Halestorm

was fantastic last night, great atmosphere and performances, shame more people were'nt in for Halestorm cos they're awesome but I guess they were an unknown opener to some fans.

Highlights were Shinedowns mid-set speech inspirational promo I know it may not be to some peoples tastes but I thought it as great and his voice with the tune in the background were perfect, and Alter Bridge doing acoustic 'watch over you' and 'Metalingus' were fantastic

• Paid Members
Awesome night at Volbeat last night in Manchester. Iced Earth played really well and the other support (The Howling, who I don't know if they were just local support or are the whole tour) were good fun too.

Will try and get some video clips online over the couple of days

yeh man, show was quality. Proper sing-along atmosphere too in a packed venue, Volbeat just have them kinds of songs. Loved it. Missed both supports.

• Paid Members

yeh, ill check them out. My memories a little hazy of the night, beers were flowing but i had a great fucking time.

On the subject of Trivium, i haven't heard the new album yet but my opinion of them seems to be i love them musically, but i fucking hate Heafy's vocals. I always find his vocals ruin the songs, not that he's a bad vocalist, i just don't like em.

On the subject of Trivium, i haven't heard the new album yet but my opinion of them seems to be i love them musically, but i fucking hate Heafy's vocals. I always find his vocals ruin the songs, not that he's a bad vocalist, i just don't like em.

That's exactly how I am with Bullet For My Valentine and Matt Tuck...except I do think he is a bad vocalist

will upload more tomorrow if I get the time, seenas this has taken 90 minutes to upload on its own.

Either way, enjoy

Awesome stuff, seems a great atmosphere at that show too. London saturday was just as good as Birmingham. They're also conveniently playing this week when I'm in Paris so I'll be seeing them again Friday. I'm very grateful for whatever promotors seem to want to put all this on in France this week, its turned the missus' planned romantic trip into a gig trip for me.

I also listened to the new Korn album in the car this weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Sure its not their best, but the most worthwhile thing they've put out for quite a while.

• Paid Members

Megadeth final headliner announced for Bloodstock next year.

I'm not the biggest Megadeth fan but they're a solid choice for this gig I guess, people were saying it could be trivium which was a horrible thought.

So it's Down, Emperor and Megadeth which seems nice and varied

Good set of headliners their for Bloodstock.

Hopefully Megadeth turn up ready to rock. Last time I saw them (Download 2012) they phoned it in good and proper. This was at the time when it finally dawned on him that the Metallica reunion he'd convinced himself was happneing wasn't. The two times previous when I saw them were very good

Edited by KingOfMetal