The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Darkthrone really are one of the most consistantly brilliant bands going these days, aren't they? That song is so brilliant, I absolutely love it. Everything from The Cult Is Alive onwards is just stupendous and, in my opinion, the best things Darkthrone have done since Soulside Journey. I expect nothing less than neck-snapping perfection.

Not too keen on the black trilogy although they are some of the better NBM albums of that time, i had always thought that Soulside Journey was their best album until Circle The Wagons but i was seriously impressed by all the Speed Metal/Crusty stuff of recent years.

I think Black Metal as a whole is now a million times better than the early to mid 90's, it's really grown into something special with all the outside influences that have been injected into it. Amesoeurs self titled is the greatest Black Metal related album of all time in my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvbWDP0pq3Q

Half a song from the new Darkthrone album.

Fucking hell, I haven't heard any Darkthrone since the early albums. How long have the vocals been like that?

I must say, I like some of the riffs in that new song, but I prefer the bone chilling sounds of the old Darkthrone. I imagine that the original style Darkthrone music would be the kind of sounds that would pass through your mind if you froze to death in a secluded lake in the middle of the night.

Edited by Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

my only experience of Darkthrone is Transilvanian Hunger, that was a bit errr different. Any recommendations on where to start with the band? (outside of Transilvanian Hunger obviously).

Edited by Ebb