The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's fucking ace! Absolutely gorgeous clear blue vinyl, too. I've been pretty blessed in that I knew Dave from him booking various mates bands playing Bristol for years so got to see Caves loads in the early days as they were over here in Cardiff pretty often.

With having a new computer comes the luxury of trawling youtube for undiscovered music once again. I've been amazed in the past couple of days how many thrash metal tunes I've stumbled across that are actually about thrash metal. There's fucking loads of them, all with the word thrash in the title.

Anyways, I thought

was pretty good and thought I'd share it with you lovely lot. I don't know why the video length is 8 minutes odd though, the actual song is finished after just over 4 and a half. I just thought it had energy and aggression levels in a really good balance for this style of music.

cover.jpg

I think the sleeve art is fucking way cool too.

Edit - I'm now currently on my 3rd listen in a row!

Edited by Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Bullet for My Valentine - Riot

the new BFMV single, good lord it's bad....what the fuck is that chorus about? BFMV's continued popularity baffles me, it's such a sanitised, childish version of metal, listen to them f'n lyrics :confused:

I liked the first couple of releases the band put out, but ever since they cracked the big time they've just put out terrible music, after all the talk of Tuck's AxeWound side-project earlier in the year it does feel like BFMV are just a money spinner these days, they just crank out half assed pop metal that sell by the bucket load that earns em a living (which is fair enough in this day and age of the record industry).

Christ, that is dreadful. Is it just me or is that intro ludicrously out of time?

Also, Richie, there is a ton of good thrash bands came out in the last few years. The trend's fairly dead now, but it's still all brilliant music. Here's some good tunes:

Battallion - Thrash Maniacs

We were really blessed in this country over the last couple of years in this country as we had a gajillion bazillion cracking Thrash bands like... *deep breath* Amok, Mutant, Pitiful Reign, Hospital of Death, Nebukadnezza, Thrashist Regime, Evile, Gama Bomb, Visceral Attack, Lifeless, Citizen Death, Genetic Mutation, SSS, Forsaken and Chewin' Druids amongst others, but now the Thrash fad is pretty dead in the water, these bands are becoming less active, which is a shame.

• Paid Members

might try venture to Damnation this year, ive been on about for a few years but still aint made the trek. Carcass were quality at Bloodstock a few years back.

As for Evile, they are definitly one of my favorite thrash bands of the new school, they seem like one of the most genuine too, a lot of the newer bands look like their in fancy dress trying to capture that vibe of the old school they just come across as copyists, Evile seem like one of the few bands that genuinely mean it for me.

I spent friday shooting a new video for a band called Iris, based here in Kent. Not really my sort of thing, very polished emo-ish pop punk with occasional screamy bits and whatnot. A bit day to remember/four year strong. Undeniably very good at what they do though, thought it might interest a few people on here. The song's called The Shade and you might see the vid on Kerrang in the coming months. That might be bollocks though.

Anyway, they can be found at www.iris.uk.com if anyone's interested.

TURNING IT UP TO 11 AS 37 MORE ACTS CONFIRMED FOR DOWNLOAD!

LIMP BIZKIT, JIMMY EAT WORLD, KORN, DOWN, AIRBOURNE, ENTER SHIKARI, CANCER BATS AND MORE!

We are happy to confirm a massive 37 incredible additions to our 2013 line-up, including LIMP BIZKIT, JIMMY EAT WORLD, DOWN, KORN, AIRBOURNE, ENTER SHIKARI and CANCER BATS. They join headliners Slipknot, Iron Maiden, and Rammstein, as well as Bullet for My Valentine, Mastodon, Stone Sour, Volbeat and Coal Chamber, for what