The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Has anyone else heard thwe new album 'Severance' by 'Heart of a Coward' yet? It been available for a few days & is excellent! It's early days as I've only listened to it about 3 times but it's likely going to be my favourite British metal album of the year. If you've heard their previous release it's a bit less proggy, less varying time structures and more straight up ragers. It's absolutely brutal & at times reminiscent of Slipknot at their heaviest. I saw them this summer in Manchester & they were tremendous. Just booked to see them again in a couple of weeks.

• Paid Members

I'll check it out Mike.

....off the point but i wanna say if, Spotify is like the worlds greatest invention as far as music goes isnt it? I go off down the related artitsts links on there and find all sorts of weird and wonderful shit.

Has anyone else heard thwe new album 'Severance' by 'Heart of a Coward' yet? It been available for a few days & is excellent! It's early days as I've only listened to it about 3 times but it's likely going to be my favourite British metal album of the year. If you've heard their previous release it's a bit less proggy, less varying time structures and more straight up ragers. It's absolutely brutal & at times reminiscent of Slipknot at their heaviest. I saw them this summer in Manchester & they were tremendous. Just booked to see them again in a couple of weeks.

Haven't heard it yet myself, but have heard great things about it.

All 3 Donington Headliners and subs being announced next week. Awesomeness

Like we've said before, I'm pretty sure that Avenged Sevenfold are a sure-thing for Donnington. Genuinely don't know who they're going to go with for the other two though. So long as they don't go with Def Leppard again. Having said all that I think I'm going to skip Download next year and put all my focus on Wacken in 2015

Announcing all your big acts in one go is a risky way to go. They did it this time last year when they announced all 3 headliners in the same week, which then meant that every name that got announced afterwards was not going to be as them, thus meaning that each announcement was a bit of a letdown

• Paid Members

Don't think it's anything to do with people being stuck up, just that many, myself included don't think A7X are the band to do it. Festivals aren't selling out as much anymore & are having to put on bigger line-ups, R&L these year had acts that could arguably headline Download (SOAD & NIN) as subs! I can totally appreciate why people wouldn't be thrilled with seeing someone like Avenged as the headline act. That's all without mentioning the quality of their live performances.