The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Skindred/therapy? jager world tour for a fucking fiver. ace

im going! Black Spiders have been added to the bill. I think there's around 25 of us planning on trekking up together already, shows what happens when the prices drop :laugh:

Going from newport 7 of us on the drink from lunchtime, through Skindred (perhaps with some free Jager) and on into the night.

Just got back from seeing the Anti Nowhere League and the Members. The Members were great (if a tad sloppy)- I hadn't realised how many dub/reggae songs they had and they were fun. Plus they had Rat Scabies drumming tonight, so was good to see a legend in the flesh. The league were.... a bit of a panto.. Like most of the 77 punk acts, they just dole out the same old songs and so on. But I've got to say, they do a good job of it, and as cliched as it is, it was wicked to hear 'Streets of London', 'I hate people', 'So What' and so on live. I've recently made friends with a Romanian chap who's moved over here to work as a tattooer, and watching him go nuts made me realise just how much we take for granted being able to see bands like this over here. Great night.

• Paid Members

Metallica setlist from the 30th anniversary show at the Fillmore last night.

1. The Call of Ktulu

2. No Remorse (Full Version)

3. The Shortest Straw

4. Leper Messiah

5. The Day That Never Comes

6. Carpe Diem Baby

7. Hate Train

8. Please Don't Judas Me

9. Wherever I May Roam (w/ MetClubber John Dent)

10. Sad But True (w/ John Marshall)

11. No Leaf Clover (w/ Apocalyptica)

12. One (w/ Apocalyptica)

13. Harvester of Sorrow (w/ Jason Newsted)

14. Damage, Inc. (w/ Jason Newsted)

15. Motorcycle Man (w/ Bif Byford)

16. The Prince (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler)

17. It's Electric (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler)

18. Helpless (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler)

19. Am I Evil? (w/ Sean Harris & Brian Tatler)

20. Seek & Destroy (w/ Jason Newsted, John Marshall, Sean Harris, Brian Tatler, Bif Byford, Apocalyptica, and the Soul Rebels Brass Band)

WOW!

• Paid Members

2nd night of the Metallica 30th Anniversary shows..

1. To Live Is to Die

2. Enter Sandman

3. Holier Than Thou

4. Disposable Heroes

5. Bleeding Me

6. Wasting My Hate

7. My Apocalypse

8. Just a Bullet Away

9. Breadfan (w/ MetClubber Andrew Dowis)

10. The Memory Remains (w/ Marianne Faithfull)

11. Killing Time (w/ Ray Haller)

12. Turn the Page (w/ Kid Rock)

13. The Four Horsemen (Full Version) (w/ John Bush)

14. Iced Honey (w/ Lou Reed)

15. The View (w/ Lou Reed)

16. White Light/White Heat (w/ Lou Reed)

17. Creeping Death (w/ Jason Newsted)

18. Battery (w/ Jason Newsted)

19. Mercyful Fate (w/ King Diamond, Hank Shermann, Michael Denner, and Timi Hansen)

20. Seek & Destroy (w/ Jason Newsted, Scott Ian, Ray Haller, John Bush, Joey Vera, Gonzo Sandoval, and the Soul Rebels Brass Band)

Lou Reed :laugh:

Mercyful Fate!!! :omg:

Edited by martyngnr

Anyone else listen to The Punk Show with Mike Davies? If you do, what's your opinion of it?

Love it. Found so many great bands through that show. The past year it's not been as good as it used to be, mostly due to him getting rid of his album charts section which was my guide for what to download that week, but it's still a decent listen. His voice annoys me as he always sounds way too tired and not enthusiastic at all, and there's sometimes too much emphasis on interviews instead of the actual music. All in all though, great show.

In the past few months it introduced me to Old Man Markley and Spy Catcher who are both top drawer.

I actually saw Spy Catcher last night on the Rock Sound Tour and i really liked them. Will check out more of there stuff.

Also playing on the tour were Defeater, who i hardly watched as i was in the bar, Trash Talk who were pretty good and fun live and Every Time I die, who were just awesome. Great setlist and encouraged people to get on up and stage dive as much as possible, which ended in about 20 people on stage for the last song, the guitarists lifted in the air by most of them and people stage diving everywhere.

I'm not sure why ETID aren't more popular with metal fans. They're maybe seen as a bit to cool and trendy. But on record and live they are really heavy and have the best riffs and have released 4 really good albums.

On a different note i had a listen to the first 5 songs or so of the new Korn album. It's ok i guess. With the big talk about it being dubstep, tbh i thought it didn't sound much different to alot of Korns other stuff.