The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Off to Hellfest at 4.30 am. Very excited, it's definitely the best line up in Europe. www.hellfest.fr to make you all jealous :D There's a slight chance I'll consume an alcoholic beverage or two over the course of the weekend...

Enjoy! Even though I am slightly jealous, it would take a lot to haul my hairy drunk arse to France!

• Paid Members
Off to Hellfest at 4.30 am. Very excited, it's definitely the best line up in Europe. www.hellfest.fr to make you all jealous :D There's a slight chance I'll consume an alcoholic beverage or two over the course of the weekend...

me and my mate have been talking about going for years, never materialised! have a good one! i want a full report.

Manowar have said on Twitter they will be touring the UK in November (no dates announced as yet), no doubt to coinside with the 'Hammer Of The Gods' album

I have little interest in Manowar but i went to Metal Camp last year and they had a big tent in the camping area for the Manowar festival thing the day after. They played bands and had quizzes and stuff for Manowar fans.

And their fans are so varied, from little kids to old school metallers and generally just really geeky (1 of the quizzes was on Norse Mythology?!) . Me and my friend went their quite alot just cos the fans and people in there were really nice.

Kreator have just been announced for Brutal Assault which i am going to this year. The line-up is looking pretty good now.

• Paid Members
Evan Seinfeld, the lead vocalist and bassist of New York based hardcore/metal outfit Biohazard, has left the band according to a statement. This announcement comes three months before the band are expected to release their first new album in six years.

"We have a long history together, but it's time for a change," said guitarist/co-founder Bobby Hambel. "We wish Evan well."

Scott Roberts, who played on the band's 2005 "Means To An End" album and has been part of the Biohazard extended family since, will step in for Seinfeld when Biohazard plays the UK's Download Festival on June 12th, and again on June 13th at the Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards in London. Hambel, guitarist/vocalist Billy Graziadei and drummer Danny Schuler will begin scouting for a permanent replacement when they return to the US.

Fucking Hell :(

ive never quite made my mind up on whether Biohazard are pretty good, or actually fucking terrible. I was still gutted when they pulled out of Hammerfest earlier in the year though, cause i bet they are great live.

• Paid Members
Yep heart attack at 43. Been playing a good bit of Anal Cunt today in memory. They really have the best songtitles ever. Putnam was the greatest troll who ever lived. RIP.

i remember my friend bought AC's album 'It Just Get's Worse' when we were in school, we didn't get it back then but we loved the song titles. One time we were going to a local gig and were drinking at his house, we played the album in it's entirity at extreme volume and drank beers before leaving. Ears took a battering that night. Good memories.

Manowar have said on Twitter they will be touring the UK in November (no dates announced as yet), no doubt to coinside with the 'Hammer Of The Gods' album

I have little interest in Manowar but i went to Metal Camp last year and they had a big tent in the camping area for the Manowar festival thing the day after. They played bands and had quizzes and stuff for Manowar fans.

And their fans are so varied, from little kids to old school metallers and generally just really geeky (1 of the quizzes was on Norse Mythology?!) . Me and my friend went their quite alot just cos the fans and people in there were really nice.

Kreator have just been announced for Brutal Assault which i am going to this year. The line-up is looking pretty good now.

They are one of my all-time favourite bands. They are one the bands that show everything thats brilliant about metal and everything thats daft about metal in equal measure. I have a base understanding of Norse Mythology, but I better that quiz attracted alot of geeks who claim to be "true metal". From a technical standpoint, they're a great band, but the pagentry that comes with them can be a bit much sometimes.

I was reluctant to pay

Bought the new Cave In cd, White Silence, the other day. Heavy as fuck! I'd wager to say it's their heaviest release ever. And not in a chuggy metalcore way ala the old albums, but in a noisy, harsh and fast way. Bit Converge in parts, bit Mastodon in others. Then there's afew trippy 70's style prog jams towards the end.

I also got the new Between The Buried and Me EP. Outstanding stuff yet again, it's a pity that band dont get more praise