MMA: Past Fight Discussion

Egg Shen

Bad Boy clothing should be okay, only proper MMA fans will know what that is about.

I think that's worse, it's exactly the reason I didn't buy it. If people know it's an MMA shirt they might think I'm a wannabe tough guy. But ultimately they'd know Bad Boy is just a sponsor.

If they don't know it's an MMA shirt then they definitely will think it. Then I'm just walking around with a shirt which says BAD BOY for no reason other than presumably thinking I am indeed...a Bad Boy. And that's twattish. With a pinch of gay.

I agree with deathrey they just look like sports clothing.

I will consult you next time I buy some MMA gear though, you seem to be the fashion consultant of MMA clothing :laugh:

The thing that suprises me is the amount of people who wear Tapout, yet don't follow UFC/MMA that much.

If I'm serving someone at work and they are wearing a Tapout, I'll usually ask them "did you see the fight at the weekend?" or "what do you reckon to the X vs Y fight thats coming up?", and sometimes you get people who know what your on about, but other times they'll stare at you like a dog thats been shown a card trick.

I won't lie, I have a selection of Affliction shirts, but thats simply down to liking the 'distressed' style of shirt that they put out. I make no claims to be a tough-nut or anything, but I'm also not in the 26 stone catigory either

• Paid Members
I will consult you next time I buy some MMA gear though, you seem to be the fashion consultant of MMA clothing :laugh:

Ha, I don't mean to come across like that. Each their own and all that. And I've been called some words starting with F before, never had fashion consultant though.

Don't get hung up on the 26 stone thing either, I've seen some equally cretinous looking Tapout wearing specimens who can't have weighed more than 8 stone, and that's including the weight of their bag of syringes.

Maybe I will get that Shogun shirt afterall. But if I get smacked by a real Bad Boy it's all your fault Jim and deathrey.

• Paid Members
The thing that suprises me is the amount of people who wear Tapout, yet don't follow UFC/MMA that much.

I dunno - you get a lot of people wearing basketball, American football, baseball and rugby stuff, particularly all the "college football" stuff. Can't count the number of times I've seen on sale or someone wearing a jacket, t-shirt or hoodie with blazoned with a random American university on it.

I dunno - you get a lot of people wearing basketball, American football, baseball and rugby stuff, particularly all the "college football" stuff. Can't count the number of times I've seen on sale or someone wearing a jacket, t-shirt or hoodie with blazoned with a random American university on it.

but with MMA being still somewhat a niche sport, you'd think they would a basic knowledge of the latest goings-on

• Paid Members
You remember right Jim, TUF 10 was on 5USA.

I actually don't own, and never have owned, any type of MMA clothing. Not one shirt, hat, fuck all. I just don't wanna walk around with people thinking 'look at that tosser wannabe hardman'. I know it's a stupid reason but the majority of people I see about in MMA shirts seem to have one thing in common - they look like plastic hardmen cunts. No offence to anyone here who wears them, I'm just saying the majority of people I've personally encountered tend to fit this description.

These types almost exclusively don Tapout or Affliction. The real tacky, gawdy designs with big ugly silver tin foil lettering and plastered in skulls and pitbulls, presumably to reinforce the point that this guy is a real badass. All 26 stone of him.

haha, i see what you're saying, MMA clothing's a weird one...the last thing i ever want is people looking at me and thinking 'look at that cunt thinking he's tough', im a fucking puss. I'm pretty picky about the MMA clothing i do wear though. The Dethrone shirts don't really even relate to MMA, it's just a logo type thing...ive got the original Velasquez Dethrone shirt though cause it's quality.

I like the nerdy type of MMA shirts that only the real die hard fans would recognise..that likely means that you could wear the shirt for years and no one would know what it actually meant but i still like that kind of thing.

There's a guy that works with me that i see a few times a week outside of work and he always has MMA related clothing on, i don't really know him, but i get the impression that he probably doesn't know that much about MMA he just likes to wear the clothing and go for the plastic hardman look. Ive been thinking of asking him about it, but i find it hard talking MMA with people who don't know much about it (that sounds stuck up haha), i rather keep it to myself.

• Paid Members

but with MMA being still somewhat a niche sport, you'd think they would a basic knowledge of the latest goings-on

Troo dat. But there's the other side of things - part of MMA's efforts to become more mainstream include producing really cool lines of clothing that non-fans would want to wear, and from there get these people into the sport. The downside to that strategy is that there were always bound to be those who never went beyond the clothing.