Worst Match of the Decade

tiger_rick

Worst Match of the Decade?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I am very surprised not to see Kronik VS Brothers of Destruction on here.

For me it has to be the mixed tag- if for the finish alone. Brock VS Goldberg has to be the biggest waste of all time- could've been so much more.

I voted for Steiner/HHH because it was a frigging disgrace. Bit disappointed that a proper match won't win in place of what is effectively a forum running gag, but then realised getting disappointed about forum awards is pretty gay, so it's not so bad.

• Paid Members

Sprules/Tyler was a proper match, in that it was billed as a professional wrestling match on a show put on for customers paying to watch the show (in theory).

Sprules/Tyler was a proper match, in that it was billed as a professional wrestling match on a show put on for customers paying to watch the show (in theory).

A fairer deal would have been to name this award "The Sprules/Tyler Worst Match of the Decade" award, a bit like a sponsor for it or something. Its sheer awfulness would be immortalised rather just than rewarded.

• Paid Members

A fairer deal would have been to name this award "The Sprules/Tyler Worst Match of the Decade" award, a bit like a sponsor for it or something. Its sheer awfulness would be immortalised rather just than rewarded.

Sort of see your point, but I don't see how winning this would be being rewarded - it IS the "Worst Match of the Decade" award, after all.

Besides, all the other WWE matches are on archive, so they're all already immortalised - the "Big'un In Wigan" only really exists on Youtube now.

Edited by Carbomb

HHH/Steiner. At least Goldberg/Lesnar had a surreal atmosphere going for it.

Sprules/Tyler shouldn't be here on account of the greatest commentary in industry history.

Well in that case, by the same token I'm not voting for HHH/Steiner because it led to some interesting discussion on here, particularly when Cat_Mutt compared it positively to that Angle/Lesnar Iron Man.

I agree with Carbomb that OPWO's Big 'un in Wigan was a "proper match" - two trained wrestlers, in front of a paying crowd in an actual venue. That said that mixed tag was such a mess, with them throwing a barely trained diva out there against opponents unprepared to carry her, and it was actually shown on international TV where you would expect a higher standards than a small British indy.

Say what you will about Trips, Nash and Steiner but I doubt they have ever being in anything as bad as either of those.

Edited by TheBigBoot

Voted for the Big'un in Wigan. The commentary that makes it great viewing was surely added by someone not involved in the match, not that it made the match itself good but it makes me go and watch the match every now and then.

Has anyone got a link to this Sprules/Tyler match? Nothing comes up on Youtube... I adore unintentionally rubbish things so I'm curious to see what's so bad about it!

Edit: I typed it in again and found it. No idea why I didn't see it the first time. My eyes must be dying or something.

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA