DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Fuck Spiderman.

Watch Headhunters instead. It's a proper man's film with stabbings and shootings and maimings and illogical plot points and impossibly tall blonde Norwegian women. Watch that instead.

Watched Seven for the first time in a long time and still absolutely love everything about it. Before I first saw this film I always had Brad Pitt down as just a pretty boy but this was the first time I was really impressed by his acting. Morgan Freeman was his usual great self. Loved how the whole film, bar the end, seemed to be set in the pissing rain, it gave the film a gritty, 'real' feel I think.

Of course, the ending is phenomenal and

it is reenacted with stuffed animals.

Then I finally got round to watching Taken. It's been on my 'To view' list for a good while and I regret not watching it ages ago. Starts off quite slow for the first 20 minutes and then really kicks into life for the next 50 minutes once Neeson gets that phonecall. From then he's just in complete John Matrix arse kicking mode and it's beautiful to watch.

Saw the trailer for the sequel and was quite disappointed that the dialogue, which I thought was great in the first film, seems to be exactly the same for the sequel. But I'll definitely be going to the cinema for that one.

• Moderators

RomCom time!

I watched Friends with Benefits and it was pretty great. I'm a sucker for Mila Kunis though, and also have to begrudgingly admit that Justin Timberlake is good at everything he does, except beatboxing. The bastard. It's fun, also, to see how far a romcom can push taking the piss out of romcom clich

Then I finally got round to watching Taken. It's been on my 'To view' list for a good while and I regret not watching it ages ago. Starts off quite slow for the first 20 minutes and then really kicks into life for the next 50 minutes once Neeson gets that phonecall. From then he's just in complete John Matrix arse kicking mode and it's beautiful to watch.

Taken gets multiple viewings from me (in fact I watched it for umpteenth time Monday), and I always start it from the point he gets the phone call. If you have the Blu-Ray version, switch on the 'Real Time Updates' special feature. It's a counter that stays on the screen which has a kill count, injury count, time left he has to find her & distance travelled. A cool and fun little feature.

I also finally forced myself to finish Bridesmaids. It remained awful all the way through, and things got so bad I didn't even enjoy Donald Draper coming back for a scene later. When it ended with a terrible song I just felt so sick at myself for having wasted the time watching it, but I had to finish it because I started (albeit several months ago). So yeah, a big fuck you to everyone who put it on their end of year lists, or said it was surprisingly actually funny and that I should really give it a go despite the basic concept / advertising having no appeal to me.

Fuck you Chest! Fuck you right in the bellybutton!

Couldn't get back to sleep in the early hours of this morning and found Tango & Cash was on at 3am on ITV. Tango & Cash was the first 18 rated film I watched, hadn't seen it in years but really enjoyed it. The lack of sleep will probably catch up on me later.

I've taped that, looking forward to watching it! You don't get many good buddy movies nowadays, it's all srs loner protagonists. I even ended up watching Bad Boys 2 the other day just to get some cop buddy action.

Not seen it, but if it's on tv I'd probably give it a go!

The last great buddy movie was probably Nev's favourite, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

• Paid Members
Not seen it, but if it's on tv I'd probably give it a go!

The last great buddy movie was probably Nev's favourite, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.

Wrong. (I'm going to rewatch this soon, but I realised my problem with it is that I hate Robert Downey Jr and not anything else with it)

Anyway, The Guard!