DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I watched Insidious last night and it was one of the best horror's I've seen in ages, had the hairs on me arms standing on end a few times ( mainly due to the music )

It got a bit shite in the last half hour or so but it was still really good I thought

Did you see it in the cinema or on a TV?

I found with the Paranormal Activity's that they were great for a cinema experience but were really shit when watched again at home.

I found the exact opposite. Watching films like that alone in the dark is way better than at the cinema. Much better atmosphere.

Interesting that Denzel thinks 3D is better at home too, ive not seen 3D on a TV yet but I imagine youd need it to be on a pretty big screen ala 50"+ for it to be any good, I always thought the reason it looked good at the cinema was that the size of the screen gave it much better scope but may be wrong.

Yeah I think its much better at home than the Cinema (personal opinion of course) as you are about the right distance from the TV as well, where as in the cinema although the screen is bigger I get the impression that you don't quite get the full effects or that could just be the films itself, I'm not too sure. I have seen Avatar, Toystory to name two films in 3D at home and both stand out very well, strangely enough I didn't think much of the 3DTV's when looking at them in the shops but its something you appreciate more with the lights off as well.

In saying that though only films to me work in 3D, not overly keen on sports which is something different but not a MUST have feature, its not something where you would follow your own team I don't think (which goes back to the concentration thing I mentioned earlier) but a good gimmick (for use of a better word) to watch the odd Monday night game, can't vouch for many other sports as not overly keen on Golf or Rugby but from the previews they look pretty decent.

But yeah I do think films look better at home in 3D than in the cinemas but as already mentioned it can only work for certain films such as Avatar and Toy Story which are mainly animated films which look rather glorious, where as films such as Saw doesn't quite cut it for me.

I watched Insidious last night and it was one of the best horror's I've seen in ages, had the hairs on me arms standing on end a few times ( mainly due to the music )

It got a bit shite in the last half hour or so but it was still really good I thought

Did you see it in the cinema or on a TV?

I found with the Paranormal Activity's that they were great for a cinema experience but were really shit when watched again at home.

I found the exact opposite. Watching films like that alone in the dark is way better than at the cinema. Much better atmosphere.

Interesting that Denzel thinks 3D is better at home too, ive not seen 3D on a TV yet but I imagine youd need it to be on a pretty big screen ala 50"+ for it to be any good, I always thought the reason it looked good at the cinema was that the size of the screen gave it much better scope but may be wrong.

Yeah I think its much better at home than the Cinema (personal opinion of course) as you are about the right distance from the TV as well, where as in the cinema although the screen is bigger I get the impression that you don't quite get the full effects or that could just be the films itself, I'm not too sure. I have seen Avatar, Toystory to name two films in 3D at home and both stand out very well, strangely enough I didn't think much of the 3DTV's when looking at them in the shops but its something you appreciate more with the lights off as well.

In saying that though only films to me work in 3D, not overly keen on sports which is something different but not a MUST have feature, its not something where you would follow your own team I don't think (which goes back to the concentration thing I mentioned earlier) but a good gimmick (for use of a better word) to watch the odd Monday night game, can't vouch for many other sports as not overly keen on Golf or Rugby but from the previews they look pretty decent.

But yeah I do think films look better at home in 3D than in the cinemas but as already mentioned it can only work for certain films such as Avatar and Toy Story which are mainly animated films which look rather glorious, where as films such as Saw doesn't quite cut it for me.

Cool, think ill have to try a 3D TV soon then. I kind of expected the sports etc to be a bit poor given the amount of work and fiddling that goes into making a film viewable in 3D, it sounds impossible to be able to broadcast something live and get the angles and aspects of the 3D right.

On the subject of vague film-related questions. A line of dialogue popped into my head the other day and I can't place it, despite even being able to here the intonation and delivery. Basically, someone has been revealed as a villain, has the hero at his mercy and responds to some sniping about his plan being lazy/not being hard work with;

"I'm working my ass off here man."

It's driving me nuts. I'm sure the film is in my DVD collection and I've seen it more than once, but yeah if this rings any bells, feel free to put me out of my misery.

On the subject of vague film-related questions. A line of dialogue popped into my head the other day and I can't place it, despite even being able to here the intonation and delivery. Basically, someone has been revealed as a villain, has the hero at his mercy and responds to some sniping about his plan being lazy/not being hard work with;

It's driving me nuts. I'm sure the film is in my DVD collection and I've seen it more than once, but yeah if this rings any bells, feel free to put me out of my misery.

Is that not Kick-Ass sounds like a Nicholas Cage ism

• Paid Members

Die Hard 4.0?

I saw REC 2 the other day which is pretty much a continuation of the first film, was okay in parts but not that much different from the first film really.

on a similar note a sequel has been made to the american version of REC Quarantine and it is nothing like REC 2

looks like it will be shit but worth a watch in a so bad its good way

I saw REC 2 the other day which is pretty much a continuation of the first film, was okay in parts but not that much different from the first film really.

on a similar note a sequel has been made to the american version of REC Quarantine and it is nothing like REC 2

looks like it will be shit but worth a watch in a so bad its good way

Is there an American REC? Or am I completing getting the wrong end of the stick?