DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Just got done with the first season of Prison Break. Countless people have told me to check it out over the years, and I have to say it's a great little show. Favourite characters are probably Michael and T-Bag. Also gotta put a shout out for Bellick, who was just a fantastic bad guy. Spent nearly the whole show wishing someone would kick the shit out of him.

• Paid Members
Just got done with the first season of Prison Break. Countless people have told me to check it out over the years, and I have to say it's a great little show. Favourite characters are probably Michael and T-Bag. Also gotta put a shout out for Bellick, who was just a fantastic bad guy. Spent nearly the whole show wishing someone would kick the shit out of him.

Do yourself a favour and watch the 2nd series then stop. 3 and 4 do nothing but ruin what came before it.

Do yourself a favour and watch the 2nd series then stop. 3 and 4 do nothing but ruin what came before it.

Actually I thought 3 was alright, 4 was awful though.

• Paid Members

The main problem with Prison Break is that most of the main characters are so unlikeable. Linc and Michael begin to get on your nerves in the second series and it just gets worse and worse.

2 is worth it for Mahone, Haywire and Tweener though.

The Other Guys. Very hit and miss. The hits are very funny, the misses are very pointless. Not a bad film overall, although a bit long. Some funny quotes to come out of it, the best being "Did someone call 9 1 holy shit?".

I'd agree with that assessment. Though I think I preferred 'Cop Out' slightly more when I watched them at the same time.

Whats the consensus of 'Cop Out' round here anyway?

I felt like I'd watched an amusing movie that seemed like a tribute to 80's cop films and it took me back to those times whilst watching it but I see alot of people slating it especially cause Kevin Smith directed it.

I need to watch both these films again soon cause they were good fun.

• Paid Members

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The problem with 3 is that it just ruins some characters and ignores massive parts and plot pieces (Season 4 is much worse for this) T-Bag, Bellick and Mahone all have their screen time reduced and characters changed. It was one of the shows most hurt by the writers strike, the last min removal of a major character obviously affected the show and the whole cliff hanger of season 2 (You thought the last prison was bad, this one is in another league) was never played out. Also the Andrew Tyge episode stands out as one of the most annoying episodes of any series ever, showing the only glimmer of good plotting in the series then destroying it all within a single episode. Sadly I was at the point where i kept watching hoping it would get better and it just got worse with every episode. Season 3 was a disappointment, Season 4 was a clusterfuck

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by chokeout

The problem with 3 is that it just ruins some characters and ignores massive parts and plot pieces (Season 4 is much worse for this) T-Bag, Bellick and Mahone all have their screen time reduced and characters changed. It was one of the shows most hurt by the writers strike, the last min removal of a major character obviously affected the show and the whole cliff hanger of season 2 (You thought the last prison was bad, this one is in another league) was never played out. Also the Andrew Tyge episode stands out as one of the most annoying episodes of any series ever, showing the only glimmer of good plotting in the series then destroying it all within a single episode. Sadly I was at the point where i kept watching hoping it would get better and it just got worse with every episode. Season 3 was a disappointment, Season 4 was a clusterfuck

Easy with the spoilers there pal, I'll be watching the rest of the seasons in the next few months probably.

• Paid Members
Honestly stop watching after season two.

I don't blame you. Its one of those shows that relies on suspension of disbelief to enjoy but it just became too unlikeable a show to do it

Saw Insidious at cinema today, i have been a big horror movie fan since i was a young boy and have watched probably a thousand + of them in my time. but I don't think I have ever been so uncomfortable / unnerved watching a film before. seriously creepy scary shit! creepy visuals - suspense - jumps - creepy score - this one defiantly got me.. If you haven't seen it yet, i'd recommend seeing it at the cinema while its still running for full large screen and dolby surround sound effect and probably the less you know about it the better. ;)

Edited by Dash X

Saw The Hangover Part II tonight. I couldn't concentrate on it as there were (what I thought was) teenage girls sitting a couple of rows behind, squealing and talking the most inane nonsense. They had awful, brain-piercing Scouse accents. After the film, I was going to pour my drink over them and kick fuck out of them if they started... But as we left the seats, they were actually about eight years old. I don't know what the fuck they were doing in that film, and being that young, I couldn't batter them with a clear conscience -- though I do hope they get paedophiled or run over or just beaten to death at school or something. So I just complained to the manager and got some free tickets.

The film wasn't as good as the first one anyway.