DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Oh, because you're the fucking Gospel when it comes to movies and acting. I forgot.

It's funny really, you sound like every other Pattinson hater I've ever come across! Please carry on with your predictable bullshit.

Not every woman is an obsessed idiot and wants him to bite their neck...

I think he's a good actor. Why does that have to translate to me finding him attractive? Please note I didn't say he was amazing or Oscar worthy. Then I'd be pushing it a bit.

Edited by Stephanie

• Paid Members

I watched Date Night with the wife. I thought it was alright actually. Wasn't expecting much but it delivered a fun little (chick) flick with a cracking performance from Tina Fey and Steve Carrell being his usual amusing self. It's not must see but it's a better hour and a half than a lot of chick flicks.

• Paid Members

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion - I ain't gonna use it's Italian title, but it still ranks as one of my all time favourite movies. It was actually when I got Director's Cut by Fantomas way back in the day, that I was introduced to this flick, and from Morricone's score right to a majestic performance from Gian Volont

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
If I was such a "hater" I would have called him a bad actor, not an average one. He doesn't offend me, but he's yet to impress me.

I hope he does impress you in the future, but I won't keel over and die if he doesn't.

Moving on...

The only things that come out here this week are Fast Five and Prom. So I won't be going to the movies this weekend...

Got Thor on 5th May which looks like it could be alright. Then the 28th installment of Pirates which I don't think I can be arsed to see.

• Paid Members

Speaking of "Pirates.." i've only just seen the third one, thats how botherd i was after the second one!

I watched , (Via Film 4 the other night), :

Dogma

After doing a bit of reading up on the film afterwards, i found that Mr smith got alot of death threats about making/having made this movie. Which i was suprised at. It is a film about religion, but doesnt question anything other than flat out point out "some" issues with various faiths.

For those who hadent seen it, the general idea is that two angels (Ben affleck and Matt Daemon (sp?)) have been cast out of heaven for sometime. During this time, this here of a local church who is doing a "universal blessing". With this is you walk into the church, your will be cleaned of your sins. With this in mind if the angels did just that, it would undo creation, as god is "never" wrong, and to prove him so would undo everything.

So que a women who is having a crisis of faith, basically getting told to stop these guys, (with a bit of help along the way). On the way she meets Jay and silent bob, A Muse and Chris rock who is playing the "13th" Apossel. (sp?).

I wont spoil the ended if you havent seen it, but as far as movies go....and as far as kevin smith movies go, its rather good. Affleck does a little speech about half way in, in which he states if you have met god but you are forced away, you will never know anything greater, thus be forever longing to meet again with god. I'm not a religious guy or anything, but just the idea of that, was unfathomable to me, and i mean that in a good way!

Anyway, decent little movie, i'd advise you dont have to like/know anything about religion to watch this, although if you're easily offended by a few jokes or hard truths about the christian/catholic religions, i'd stay away.

Overall, a cracking movie, 8.5/10

Speaking of "Pirates.." i've only just seen the third one, thats how botherd i was after the second one!

I watched , (Via Film 4 the other night), :

Dogma

After doing a bit of reading up on the film afterwards, i found that Mr smith got alot of death threats about making/having made this movie. Which i was suprised at. It is a film about religion, but doesnt question anything other than flat out point out "some" issues with various faiths.

For those who hadent seen it, the general idea is that two angels (Ben affleck and Matt Daemon (sp?)) have been cast out of heaven for sometime. During this time, this here of a local church who is doing a "universal blessing". With this is you walk into the church, your will be cleaned of your sins. With this in mind if the angels did just that, it would undo creation, as god is "never" wrong, and to prove him so would undo everything.

So que a women who is having a crisis of faith, basically getting told to stop these guys, (with a bit of help along the way). On the way she meets Jay and silent bob, A Muse and Chris rock who is playing the "13th" Apossel. (sp?).

I wont spoil the ended if you havent seen it, but as far as movies go....and as far as kevin smith movies go, its rather good. Affleck does a little speech about half way in, in which he states if you have met god but you are forced away, you will never know anything greater, thus be forever longing to meet again with god. I'm not a religious guy or anything, but just the idea of that, was unfathomable to me, and i mean that in a good way!

Anyway, decent little movie, i'd advise you dont have to like/know anything about religion to watch this, although if you're easily offended by a few jokes or hard truths about the christian/catholic religions, i'd stay away.

Overall, a cracking movie, 8.5/10

All that and you miss Alan Rickman's storming performance hamming it up as the Metatron

Shit Demons and all that jazz

• Paid Members
Watch the youtube video of Smith protesting against Dogma under the name of Brian Johnson. It's brilliant...

I've have read about that, so will check it out!

I'd also read that aparently Smith had a chat with Jason mews (Jay in the movies) about being "around real actors", as i'm guessing he used to mess up his lines alot. Mr Mews went on to memorise not only his part but the whole script, for every charecter. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
Watch the youtube video of Smith protesting against Dogma under the name of Brian Johnson. It's brilliant...

I've have read about that, so will check it out!

I'd also read that aparently Smith had a chat with Jason mews (Jay in the movies) about being "around real actors", as i'm guessing he used to mess up his lines alot. Mr Mews went on to memorise not only his part but the whole script, for every charecter. :thumbsup:

Yeah, he addresses this in 'An Evening With Kevin Smith' with Mewes onstage (who is out of his bollox), and Mewes' reasoning was that he 'didn't want to piss off that Rickman dude...'

• Paid Members

Just remebered i also re-watched:

The Village

Ok so, The gist is a small town of people (Living in the 19th century) are getting bothered by some beasties that live in the near by woods. Said beasties havent bothered the townsfolk for some time, and seem to be drawn in by the "Bad Colour" (red). When one of the townsfolk gets stabbed by a mentally handicapped towns person, his blind girlfriend must venture through the woods to there nearest town. But will she make it? I'll not spoil the ending if you havent seen it.

Anyway, i think this movie didnt go down to well when it first came out, although i seem to remeber thinking it was "ok". On my second watch, i again thought it ok, although a few little bits bothered me a bit. Firstly the ammount of people living there, as im unsure how that many people (not loads but maybe about 50) all came to be there, (this relates to the ending) As there are only 10 "Elders" in the village. And bar that , the women who played the blind girl, (although a seemingly ok actress), didnt play "Blind" very well. A good example of this is richard pryor in "Hear no evil, see no evil", but this girl is running around the town and some times straight up looking at the person she is speaking to. Maybe its just me, but it looked like she wasnt blind at all.

Either way again, not as bad as it gets a reputation for, although it is a little bit bad in some areas (The shameless M Night cameo at the end, which im fairly sure involves some form of computer wizardry to catch his reflection properly), its not that bad.

If you have time to kill, and maybe the Mrs hasent seen it.....worth a watch. If anything at least to go, "Ahhhhhhhhh i see" at the end.

7/10, worth a watch when its on.