DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Day: Yesterday

Time: Evening

Company: I and I alone

Film: Transformers: The Movie

Rating: 29 stars

Comments: Bah weep granah weep ninni bong. There is something totally ingrained into my being from this film. Anyone who connected with this as a child knows the power it has. Great soundtrack, better animation than the series and a cracking story. To heck with the CGI version, this is what Transformers...no... this is what LIFE!! is all about. Wins on all levels!!

I would agree with that as long as it's the UK cut and not the American version. The US version really spoilt my enjoyment of the film, having no voice over, some sub Superman effects on the credits, Spike swearing, and a few other grumbles.

hey ho

• Paid Members
Day: Yesterday

Time: Evening

Company: I and I alone

Film: Transformers: The Movie

Rating: 29 stars

Comments: Bah weep granah weep ninni bong. There is something totally ingrained into my being from this film. Anyone who connected with this as a child knows the power it has. Great soundtrack, better animation than the series and a cracking story. To heck with the CGI version, this is what Transformers...no... this is what LIFE!! is all about. Wins on all levels!!

I would agree with that as long as it's the UK cut and not the American version. The US version really spoilt my enjoyment of the film, having no voice over, some sub Superman effects on the credits, Spike swearing, and a few other grumbles.

hey ho

Of course it was the UK version! If I had a player still, it woulda been the VHS!

Of course it was the UK version! If I had a player still, it woulda been the VHS!

were-not-worthy.jpg

:thumbsup:

There is Iam pretty certain a TV edit floating about, Ive got either a BBC/ Sky showing of it from about 1990 and that has differences again.

Its been released and chopped up so many times though that it beggars belief.. 4/5 different releases with different companies over less than a decade.. insanity

• Paid Members
Collectors 2 disk Edition. :thumbsup:

As sad as it sounds, I have 4 versions of the DVD. (I think 4...) If this is the 2 disc that came in the steel box, I agree it's fantastic as I think it's the one where you don't have to jiggle with the sound to get rid of the shitty new sound effects.

Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be shot multiple times with guns that make the wrong noises.

• Paid Members

Steel box, with a moody, shadowy pic of Prime on the front, and has a commentary track by Super fan pointing out all the continuity errors, and where Snarl's lone appearance in the film is.

I've also got one of the Cheapo DVD versions with no extras, and the VHS version.

Steel box, with a moody, shadowy pic of Prime on the front, and has a commentary track by Super fan pointing out all the continuity errors, and where Snarl's lone appearance in the film is.

I've also got one of the Cheapo DVD versions with no extras, and the VHS version.

This un?

DVD2%20Transformers%20Ultimate%20Edition.jpg

Ive also got these on VHS along with the tv broadcast version

519Q7GM2GYL._SS500_.jpg

41P4KGTVFXL._SS500_.jpg

And on DVD

The Ultimate Edition above

and

51V71EN8KRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Is that enough?

not got the remastered ( reconstructed one) or the single disc special edition or the other vanilla release

Edited by patdfb

• Paid Members

This un?

DVD2%20Transformers%20Ultimate%20Edition.jpg

Ive also got these on VHS along with the tv broadcast version

519Q7GM2GYL._SS500_.jpg

41P4KGTVFXL._SS500_.jpg

And on DVD

The Ultimate Edition above

and

51V71EN8KRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Is that enough?

not got the remastered ( reconstructed one) or the single disc special edition or the other vanilla release

Fucking hell I may actually have more than 4... I also have a cheapy one that was a gift and the first edition that they released on DVD which is 20th anniversary I think?

Fucking hell I may actually have more than 4... I also have a cheapy one that was a gift and the first edition that they released on DVD which is 20th anniversary I think?

The only Others I can think of are

Reconstructed

61QJWDVJ84L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Special Edition (single disc of the Ultimate version)

51LqS6h2sXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Vanilla Edition Mk 2

41t0C9UbFPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and this Region 1 25th Anniversary edition (our Ultimate Edition if you will)

51BVTT4QVBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Paid Members

The only Others I can think of are

Reconstructed

61QJWDVJ84L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Special Edition (single disc of the Ultimate version)

51LqS6h2sXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Vanilla Edition Mk 2

41t0C9UbFPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and this Region 1 25th Anniversary edition (our Ultimate Edition if you will)

51BVTT4QVBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I need to have a look at my collection and count how many I have... However this is the one I got first -

Link as couldn't get image to load

It's the VHS cover on a DVD. That's 100% win right there!

That's the VHS cover I've got, although if memory serves, the border is purple.

I believe so. Also when you look at the covers this link, it's painfully obvious that the UK VHS had the best covers in all the whole wide world!!

Ive got these from that site

ukvideo41.JPG

ukvideo15.JPG

and a few others not listed :p

Happy days

• Paid Members

Here's my complete TFM collection so far in order of purchase. 3 VHS, 8 DVD, 1 UMD and 1 Blu Ray.

origionalvhs.jpg

I plan to get the newly released Australian Blu Ray shortly. The covers awesome and its the most definitive edition yet as it has the features from the Ultimate Edition DVD where as the UK Blu is Vanilla.