DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I saw Django last night. Late, I know, but yeah it was really good. Any interview of Jamie Foxx I've ever seen he comes across like a proper twat but he's a good actor.

I'm off to see Die Hard on the 15th. I am looking forward to it but I can't remember if 4.0 was actually any good.

Die Hard 4.0 was pretty shit. Don't you remember the scene with Willis hanging onto a jet and fighting the jet? It was just terrible. I'm a huge fan of the Die Hards and was disapointed with the fourth. I was expecting a classic but I was expecting it to be better. The fourth was an okay action movie but a shit Die Hard.

Looking forward to the fifth one. Will be seeing it in London this weekend

Went to watch I Give it a Year yesterday, the Cinema was pretty empty, not even quarter full. Stephen Merchant was great in it and was my favorite character even though he wasn't in it all the way through, Rafe Spall was also as good as he usually is too. It turned out to be funnier then I expected and I enjoyed it.

• Paid Members
equally so, the main bad guy. Never seen him in anything before, knew he was the new Conan, but expected a typical stiff. The guy had a great look and was pretty charismatic to support it too making for a very convincing and entertaining face off.

Nice to know he turns in a good performance. His role in Game of Thrones was brilliant - I really wanted Conan to be any good but it was just turd (except for the first 20 minutes, but he wasn't in that).

So, I think it goes without saying that I want to see this film - is it worth going out of my way to make it to the cinema for or will I be fine just watching it at home?

I

• Paid Members

I saw Django. Great, but enjoyed it less then I did the first time I saw IB so 4/5 from me. Christophe is the man though isnt he?

Also saw taken 2. I think I can improve the film (and cut down the run time) with one simple step

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

So, when Bryan has been captured by Murad and he is telling him why he is getting revenge, Bryan tells him what about all the girls they captured and sold as Sex Slaves? Murad should then turn around shocked at this turn of events and apologise to Bryan saying he had no idea he was so evil and apologising for his sons action and letting them go. Much better film!

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Also

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Not only did my wife guess the ending (passing her driving test) but bearing in mind how she drove that Taxi, there was no way she would pass. Bryan must have held a gun to the instructors head! Also, why was 90's singer Ultra Nate the instructor?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

So I've became riddled with man-flu all week and it doesn't seem to be getting any better but it has gave me a thought. I've pretty much exhausted my TV library (Soprano's, Entourage etc.) and I'm looking for something new, or perhaps more specifically old. I remember NYPD Blue being really popular when I was younger but I never watched it. It has a gritty aesthetic which I like and it's a cop show so it's ticking a few boxes. Are there any Blue fans on the board? Someone that can perhaps give me a nudge in the right direction.

Was never an NYPD Blue fan, I was a Homicide:Life on the Street fan

Homicide: Life on the Street is great! I love that programme. Watched it last year on DVD, surprisingly easy to watch. Absolutely burned through it, I did.

So many great performances and three or four individual episodes/storylines that I'd rank with anything else from the era. Homicide: The Movie is one of the best 'final episodes' of a TV show ever.

The Big Lebowski

I got recommended this from a few members on here and after it collecting dust for a few months, I decided to watch it with a few beers. Whilst I can't say this was one of my favorite films I've seen I can certainly say that I enjoyed it throughout. Great cast, with Walter and The Dude being the absolute highlight of the film. I was shocked to see Tara Reid make an appearance as Bunny Lebowski and wow, she looked incredible. 7/10

Homicide: Life on the Street is great! I love that programme. Watched it last year on DVD, surprisingly easy to watch. Absolutely burned through it, I did.

So many great performances and three or four individual episodes/storylines that I'd rank with anything else from the era. Homicide: The Movie is one of the best 'final episodes' of a TV show ever.

Good to see some more love for it, I've got one season to go, and I'm of the opinion that, at times, it's as good as tv gets. There are a few episodes that are up there with The Wire for sheer visceral drama. It's much better than NYPD I think, a series which seemed to steal the visual style of Homicide and its tone, but wiseguy it up a bit.

If anyone is still not watching Treme, incidentally, you crazy foo'

• Paid Members

Good to see some more love for it, I've got one season to go, and I'm of the opinion that, at times, it's as good as tv gets. There are a few episodes that are up there with The Wire for sheer visceral drama. It's much better than NYPD I think, a series which seemed to steal the visual style of Homicide and its tone, but wiseguy it up a bit.

I'm halfway through season 1 of Treme, and although I'm enjoying it idly, it's not really grabbing me yet. There's very little drama going on, just people getting by. The music and the dialogue are keeping me watching, but I'm waiting for something to hook me in like the Wire did after 4 or 5 episodes. Presume it's worth sticking with though, given it's David Simon an' that?

anyone remeber the cartoon

. I remeber having the first episode on a promo VHS along with an episode of MASK and something else. Only ever saw a couple of other episodes after it. Would love to be able to find it if its available on DVD or or a torrent

The Year: 2020.

The Place: Empire City.

The Situation: Brandon

• Paid Members

I had completely forgot about Homicide: Life on the Street. I think I might just have to search out the first series and give it a go. :thumbsup:

anyone remeber the cartoon
. I remeber having the first episode on a promo VHS along with an episode of MASK and something else. Only ever saw a couple of other episodes after it. Would love to be able to find it if its available on DVD or or a torrent

I didn't recognise C.O.P.S, but that video linked me to this

, which I vaguely remember from my youth. If I recall correctly it was on Channel 4 during the 6 weeks holidays one year and it was all kinds awesome.

I'm halfway through season 1 of Treme, and although I'm enjoying it idly, it's not really grabbing me yet. There's very little drama going on, just people getting by. The music and the dialogue are keeping me watching, but I'm waiting for something to hook me in like the Wire did after 4 or 5 episodes. Presume it's worth sticking with though, given it's David Simon an' that?

I dunno, man, I think this is what it is. Haven't you noticed how, well, fucking good everything is? The actors blend in seamlessly with the real-world New Orleans places and faces, the music is the only believable representation of being a musician I think I've ever seen on tv, it's beautifully shot in a tragic real-life location....

I think if you like jazz, and have an interest in New Orleans, and like slow-paced, lushious drama, then it's for you. It's not going to be flashy though, like Mad Men isn't flashy. Quite similar feel to that series, though very different setting.