DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members

Fuck The Hangover. Fuck Todd Phillips. Fuck Zach Galifiniakis. And especially fuck whatever cunt cast Mike Tyson and gave him those lines.

Edited by Gladstone Small

Paul Rudd's good films are Romeo + Juliet, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Walk Hard, Role Models, I Love You Man.

And I'll give a mild pass to Wet Hot American Summer, Our Idiot Brother and Wanderlust.

My turn to be surprised. I honestly don't remember seeing him in R+J. Who was he?

paris.jpg

Went to see Looper this evening and thought it was ace, has it even been mentioned in this thread? Levitt as always, fantastic and Emily Blunt is really good too. Top notch stuff, hopefully Autumn gives us more cinema going entertainment than Summer which was fairly rubbish.

Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members

Fucking hell.

Why did they think it was acceptable to have Mike Tyson in this film - in the role that he had, saying the lines he was given and having the characters react the way that they did? Am I the only one bothered by this?

• Moderators
Went to see Looper this evening and thought it was ace, has it even been mentioned in this thread? Levitt as always, fantastic and Emily Blunt is really good too. Top notch stuff, hopefully Autumn gives us more cinema going entertainment than Summer which was fairly rubbish.

I saw this last night and thought it was fairly turd.

Bad dialogue, annoying child actor, really obvious and predictable, Bruce Willis and Levitt SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

look nothing alike

... It didn't totally suck but it was rather underwhelming.

Also, as the Hangover is being discussed, I'll take this topically relevant moment to reiterate that Zack Galifinakis is just the worst. I really hate that guy. He is just about tolerable in Bored to Death, but that's only because Schwarzman and Danson are so good.

My husband is American, it's fun to get him to say Mary, Merry and Marry. It sounds like he's saying the same thing for all of them. "Carmel" for Caramel is one of the worst one for me though!

Has anyone seen Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close? I recorded it from HBO last night, haven't watched it yet though.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close sounds like how Bret Hart would describe his foot stomps to his opponents face

Watched Plunkett and Maclaine last night on the recommendation of a friend, thought I'd absolutely hate it but it wasn't as bad as I feared, possibly due to the magical rule of anything that has two or more actors out of my beloved Singing Detective being impossible to be shite

Robert Carlyle really doesn't have a lot to do considering he's one of the leads though

• Paid Members
Fuck The Hangover. Fuck Todd Phillips. Fuck Zach Galifiniakis. And especially fuck whatever cunt cast Mike Tyson and gave him those lines.

Definitely. One of the worst comedies of all time with one of the most unlikeable comedy movie casts of all time.

Also, I saw the advert for the Promethues DVD, the tagline of it is "Questions Will Be Answered". What the fuck? Promethues doesn't answer any qestions, it raises a bunch of them, has a bunch of plotholes and then ends. What a crock of shite.

Edited by LaGoosh

Robert Carlyle really doesn't have a lot to do considering he's one of the leads though

How many things has Robert Carlyle actually been good in though? He's one of those actors whose career seems to have waned, and for good reason. That episode of Cracker, Trainspotting and... er... 28 Weeks Later?

• Paid Members

He's been good in loads of things aside from those but he's not really a leading man - he should always be a support actor. He's not been in much good recently, though, I think he mostly does TV movies and Yank TV series.