DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Watched Martha Marcy May Marlene last night. That Elizabeth Olsen is hot and gets her kit off a fair bit in it, she's also a fucking good actress too. It's a good movie up untill the end...mainly because the movie has no last act and just kind of abruptly finishes. It's one of those ambiguous endings that the film makers probably thought was really smart but it's actually just really frustrating.

oh I really liked the ending of that film.......i thought it was perfect for the story. Hard to get into it without getting into spoilers but I think that ending was to do her psychological state of mind and not taken literally

I understood it, I just didn't think it was good enough. The ending was just lacking that big emotional moment and/or twist to push it from being a fairly good movie to a great one.

Caught Killing Them Softly at the cinema last night. Wasn't too thrilled going in, but that's genuinely the best film I've seen all year. Not going to be a film for everyone, dialogue-heavy with a slow pace but for me it was gorgeous. Everything about it just worked perfectly, some of the shots are simply beautiful, and the sound direction is perfect. Brad Pitt was also busy reminding me why he's been my favourite actor for years, completely able to inhabit any character he's given.

Caught Killing Them Softly at the cinema last night. Wasn't too thrilled going in, but that's genuinely the best film I've seen all year. Not going to be a film for everyone, dialogue-heavy with a slow pace but for me it was gorgeous. Everything about it just worked perfectly, some of the shots are simply beautiful, and the sound direction is perfect. Brad Pitt was also busy reminding me why he's been my favourite actor for years, completely able to inhabit any character he's given.

Agreed definitely the film of the year for me to. It was pretty much a masterclass in film making and acting

• Paid Members

Just watched An American Werewolf In Paris for the first time in years. It's not entirely bad, however I began to think that my mind was playing tricks on me when I watched two scenes that I couldn't remember. It turns out the Horror Channel have an alternate version with an entirely different ending:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

In the original version, Andy and Serafine get married on top of the Statue of Liberty and bungee jump off of it.

The alternate ending takes place several months later, with both of them in hospital due to Serafine having just given birth. Unknown to the parents, the baby opens its peepers to unveil werewolf eyes.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

This is good to see about Killing Me Softly. I'm going to see it tomorrow night.

Also, has anyone heard about / tried the Cineworld Unlimited card exploit? I've heard that it can be used in conjunction with the Orange Wednesday offer, meaning someone with an Unlimited Card who is also on Orange can get a friend in for free. Going to try it tomorrow so I'll let you know if it works.

This is good to see about Killing Me Softly. I'm going to see it tomorrow night.

Also, has anyone heard about / tried the Cineworld Unlimited card exploit? I've heard that it can be used in conjunction with the Orange Wednesday offer, meaning someone with an Unlimited Card who is also on Orange can get a friend in for free. Going to try it tomorrow so I'll let you know if it works.

When i worked at Cineworld (3 years ago now) you could do this. No-one seemed to realise though.

It's no trick, the unlimited counts as the paying ticket and it's fine. They promote it on their twitter.

• Paid Members

Premium Rush, with Joseph Gordon Levitt. He plays a bike messenger in NYC. I saw the trailer for it, I thought it looked kinda naff. But I went to see it anyway as there was nothing else on that I wanted to see that weekend. I really enjoyed it, it's a nice little film.

Last film I saw was End Of Watch. Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena star in it. I liked it, not usually a fan of cop movies. Was pretty brutal in places AND it made me cry. Set in South Central, LA. The action is shown through the cameras that are held by the police officers, which does get a little annoying at times.

Will be seeing Looper at the weekend. I'm also excited to see Argo when that comes out.

• Paid Members
That's the only single time I've heard it pronounced properly by an American ever.

Good point, we'll just have to put it with Aluminium on the list of things they can't say properly

And oregano.