DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Horrible bosses was great. super fun and makes the most of its ridicolous premise

charlie day steals the film, constantly providing laughs the whole way thru

bateman's as good as he always is. colin farrell was brilliant whenever he was on screen

and regards jennifer aniston

jennifer-aniston-horrible-bosses-07082011-05-430x373.jpg

this pic counts as spoilers? i'll take down if it does

Edited by iamtheman

• Paid Members

Horrible Bosses was much better than I expected it to be. The showing of it was packed, which was surprising considering it was at 9.10pm and every other screen had Harry Potter in it.

Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx and Jason Bateman were all excellent, though it's hard to pick a bad performance from any of the main characters really. Laugh-out-loud all the way through, and like someone else said, made the best of a ridiculous story.

• Paid Members

I have had the latest Rambo on my DVR for a while to watch, since it was on Channel 5 I think, but I can't get motivated to take the time.

Is it worth it, or should I just hit the delete button? I haven't seen any of the others, does that make a difference (I was thinking at the time it might be a kind of reboot, where I wouldn't have needed to watch any of the others)?

• Moderators

Just saw the latest X-Men film the other night..

It was the shit! Really fucking good! Best X-men film easily, and generally one of the best superhero films I've seen.

Only negatives I can think of off hand - Beast looked like Jim Carrey from the live action Cat in the Hat film but he put on a decent American accent. Angel's wings looked shit, but then she was a shit character and they didn't really bother wasting any time developing her so that's fine. Generic hottie with lame power who goes evil. The bad guys always got bitches like that hanging off their arms that I know nothing about in the comics, too.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
Just saw the latest X-Men film the other night..

It was the shit! Really fucking good! Best X-men film easily, and generally one of the best superhero films I've seen.

Only negatives I can think of off hand - Beast looked like Jim Carrey from the live action Cat in the Hat film but he put on a decent American accent. Angel's wings looked shit, but then she was a shit character and they didn't really bother wasting any time developing her so that's fine. Generic hottie with lame power who goes evil. The bad guys always got bitches like that hanging off their arms that I know nothing about in the comics, too.

You either mean Mike Myers in the live action Cat In The Hat or Jim Carey in the live action Grinch. Which is it, Chest? Eh? Eh!?

Horrible bosses was great. super fun and makes the most of its ridicolous premise

charlie day steals the film, constantly providing laughs the whole way thru

bateman's as good as he always is. colin farrell was brilliant whenever he was on screen

and regards jennifer aniston

jennifer-aniston-horrible-bosses-07082011-05-430x373.jpg

this pic counts as spoilers? i'll take down if it does

I never really fancied Aniston when I/she were younger, but I fancy her something rotten now. I think knowing how shitty her personal life is makes me imagine that if I met her in real life, she might actually go for me :p

And like a fine wine, she's improved with age. Gorgeous lady.

emmy-nom-jennifer-aniston.jpg

Edited by Loki

• Moderators
You either mean Mike Myers in the live action Cat In The Hat or Jim Carey in the live action Grinch. Which is it, Chest? Eh? Eh!?

Yeah, Mike Myers. My bad. My Seuss game is not strong.

I caught a bit of that on TV recently. That cat is creepy as hell.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
I have had the latest Rambo on my DVR for a while to watch..

Is it worth it, or should I just hit the delete button?

The new Rambo is probably worth a watch.

The original trilogy is pretty average, I always thought. Rambo 3 is probably the worst one. Bloody good soundtrack though!

I originally saw this a while back but as I caught it the other day on Sky Movies I thought i'd mention it.

Paul Blart - Mall Cop

paul_blart_mall_cop04.jpg

I thought it was quite fun. Obviously doesn't take itself too seriously and Kevin James is great. I have liked him since I used to watch endless eps of King Of Queens a few years back. One of the best things about it (apart from Jayma Mays :love: ) is the soundtrack. It is amazing. On one soundtrack you have Survivor, Bon Jovi and Barry Manilow. Watch it if you can.